Avara for OS X

Hi All

Just wanted to post a new topic for the progressive revealing of Avara for OS X. Yup, I'm gonna do it.
I am busy on 2 other projects right now, not game related, so don't expect much for the next 2 months.

I'll post a proposal for features etc in the next couple of days.

------------------

::sigh::

------------------
"You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller..."
Weird Al's "It's All About The Pentiums"

Originally posted by Taz!:
**::sigh::

Why the ::sigh::? Sure, most think the game is dead and buried, and they're probably right, but if I can breathe a little life into it, and give myself a good challenge in the mean time, why not/ 😄

------------------

See previous posts on the subject.

Basically, don't tell me what you're going to do - show me what you've done when it's ready.

Until then it's all bits in the wind. Best of luck with the project though.

------------------
"You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller..."
Weird Al's "It's All About The Pentiums"

Just so you know, Robin Hood and company are still working on their version of Avara 2, and I believe it's a bit further along. It seems that everyone has different ideas about how the game should be made, so i suppose I'll just sit back and give my two cents when called upon. May the best game, uhh... be the best... or something like that.

------------------
The more you think about things, the wierder they seem. Take milk. Why do we drink COW milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!"? Isn't that wierd?-- Calvin
God bless,
Robert Marlin

Well cool. They finally are going to port Avara to OS X, and are making a second one!

EVWeb, on Sep 8 2004, 08:53 AM, said:

Well cool. They finally are going to port Avara to OS X, and are making a second one!
View Post

Are you being sarcastic?

If I had a nickel for everyone that said "I'm going to port Avara. Really!" I would be richer than....well, than I am now.

Hey Taz, long time no see. Seen any other Geezers around? I guess I have not played since....'98? I miss those days when Bagdad was only a gleam in Cowboy's eye...

Frankly, I would be cool if someone updated the game, but I sure as hell hope they focus on what made the game good, i.e. physics, gameplay, and community, not textures or or fancy lighting...

Harlequin, on Sep 28 2004, 01:55 PM, said:

Frankly, I would be cool if someone updated the game, but I sure as hell hope they focus on what made the game good, i.e. physics, gameplay, and community, not textures or or fancy lighting...
View Post

And that is my intention. I don't want to over do it. I want it lean, mean and fast, and where it will improve gameplay, I'll add a few fancy bits.

I'm winding down on 1 of the 2 big projects I've been working on, so I'll be starting very soon.

Cheers
AJ