Avara Question

Why is Edgar Hons still banned? Hasn't it been like a year? Just a quick question from a curious observer.

------------------

Erm, I just saw you on about a month ago. Maybe if you just didn't call your server a "Megaserver" or didn't let people put up lewd photos for roster pics. The first part, I think, is the main reason. The second part just turns people off. It's not cool.

That's what I think.

------------------

This post has been edited by §carlet §wordfish : 23 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

I have no clue what's wrong with the phrase "Megaserver" but if the higher-ups would prefer "Awesomeserver" or "Superserver" or "Servernator" I'd be glad to oblige. Nomenclature is really of little concern to me.

About the roster pics, I don't really know whose pics you're speaking of, but that's far beyond my control. People are allowed to pick whatever roster images they want. It shouldn't be put on me that someone chooses to use a 'lewd' roster image.

At this point, I don't think we should be creating rifts between the few players left on this game. Without some sense of unity and amity, there's no hope in reviving this game, even if only in a small way. My vision is not 25 active servers every night and day, it's just a steady flow of even just a dozen players being around. I thought I could achieve this with the 24/7 megaserver, and it seemed to be working for months, but my unfortunate circumstance has removed any hope of continued success using this method.

Regardless, roster pics are of little concern to me, I utilize my freedom of expression to its utmost capacity and it would be a little hypocritical of me to ask anyone else to curb theirs. If you've got a problem seeing these pictures, I suggest just not looking at the images. Even still, they're just boobs or butts. One could argue that these in fact do just the opposite of "turn people off" and instead turn people on. The ones I've seen are quite tame, especially compared to the images of abuse you see on TV nowadays from Abu Gharib. I welcome those images, it just shows America and the rest of the world exactly what Bush has gotten us into. His one surviving reason for invading Iraq (After all others had been debunked), for humanitarian reasons, is now seen as completely empty, given the treatment his American soldiers have subjected those Iraqi prisoners to.

------------------

Originally posted by FriendOfFreedom:
**Why is Edgar Hons still banned? Hasn't it been like a year? Just a quick question from a curious observer.

Because you deserve to still be banned. You show no signs of change.
"Curious observer"? hah.

------------------
"You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller..."
Weird Al's "It's All About The Pentiums"

Because you deserve to still be banned. You show no signs of change.
"Curious observer"? hah.

But look. The reason I was originally banned was because I was such an Avara celebrity that I was falsely accused of crashing people. I haven't been that celebrity for the better part of a year now because I've been banned. So I have changed in that sense.

And how am I supposed to change for you anyways? If you repeatedly treat me like **** you expect me to all of a sudden change? I'll show you respect Taz, I used to say I liked you because you were the reasonable, level-headed one. But then you started attacking me, calling me names and such. And I'm just supposed to bow down and kiss your feet?

You seem to want to treat me like a dog, repeatedly punish me and expect me to change, expect me to follow your rules. I'm not a dog, and I don't like being treated like one. You won't even talk to me via E-mail or IM, where I don't have to fill up your boards with this sort of stuff.

If anyone treats me with respect, I'll treat them with respect. If you ever felt like you were treating me with respect and I attacked you (Which I did because I thought you were part of the system that unjustly banned me and so I acted poorly towards you) I'm sorry. But as it is, I don't feel like I've been given a chance to change.

Taz, all I want to do is play Avara. If I get unbanned, I won't come here anymore. I'll apologize for being a nuisance here. And I won't create havoc on Avara, which I didn't do anyways (To any serious extent). I just wanna play some Bwadi!!!

------------------

(This message has been edited by FriendOfFreedom (edited 05-25-2004).)

Um, though everyone in this argument has a point, it is true that this is one of the few reasons why people still pay attention to Avara.

------------------
-C#

All the mods treated you like trash because you didn't try to make your point in a calm and level headed way, you tried to make it with a sledgehammer, cursing and insulting and such. That doesn't work. (But I think you have been a bit calmer lately.) And punishment is usually the most common incentive to induce change.

But I think they don't want you having a megaserver because if you have a server up 24/7, you have to be on and watching it 24/7 and take complete responsibility for it. I imagine that would be very hard, because you just can't be there all day. But that's where I think they're coming from.

------------------

This post has been edited by §carlet §wordfish : 23 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

All the mods treated you like trash

Ah, so you've noticed too huh?

Anyways, I don't even think it's a server's responsibility too chaperone the people in the server. I think they should provide a server for others to play in and if it's so chaotic that people can't play in it, they'll just make another server. It's survival of the fittest. But for the months and months I had my Megaserver, it was never abandoned by the whole of Avara.

Temporary servers can be monitored and whatnot, a fulltime server comes with risks and rewards I say.

------------------