Minor Avara update

Avara™ 1.0.2 Notes
------------------
Change history:

Version 1.0.2 -- Released 10/07/03

-- Mouse position resetting was reduced to improve compatibility with MacOS X Classic emulation.

-- The menu bar is hidden during game play to prevent clicks on the dock.

-- A huge window is created behind all others to prevent clicks on background applications.

-- The keyboard editor window no longer flickers under some OS versions.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set...

....... wow! an aveara update! wowwowoowowow! but why? are you porting it to mac os X?

------------------
:<) ^_^ 😞 :<( heheheheh

Thank you very much! I definately appreciate it, as it won't be too long before I'm going to have to switch to OSX, and the mouse issue was worrying me. I'm glad to hear that ya'll still care enough to update when necessary, infrequent though those updates may be.

_dies irae

------------------
Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?
I think so, Brain, but if they called them sad meals, kids wouldn't buy them.

Originally posted by zamzx zik:
**....... wow! an aveara update! wowwowoowowow! but why? are you porting it to mac os X?

Because several Avara players asked Juri to update it so it would run correctly in classic under OSX, and he was nice enough to do so.

------------------
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.
This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell

Originally posted by Tycho Maudd:
Because several Avara players asked Juri to update it so it would run correctly in classic under OSX, and he was nice enough to do so.

Yep, exactly so.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set...

Thank God for a programmer who updates his 7 year old product. Thanks Juri 😉

------------------
-Kyle "Vader" Blessing
-(url="http://"http://www.homestarrunner.com")Homestar Runner(/url)
-Don't love, or hate... Just join the (Players Club)

Thank you so much!!!!
Do you think this means Avara will be played more often now?

------------------
The box said Windows 95 or greater...so why doesn't it work on a Mac?

Originally posted by Rickton:
**Thank you so much!!!!
Do you think this means Avara will be played more often now?

I'd doubt it. On a side note, I used Avara 1.0.2 to make Avara AfterShock 1.5b6 work correctly under OSX, but since I have no way to contact the AfterShock team, I can't get permission to distribute it.

Oh, and apparrently, there are sound problems with Avara and OSX 10.3 (at least thats what Krow says).

------------------
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.
This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell