Avara Strategy

Hi, I need a little help with my game. Specificly the dodging of 'nades. Please?

Heh. That's the rub, all right, dodging those grenades. Against new players, try jumping around a lot. Try not to stay in one place for too long.

This won't work on older players. They'll simply wait for you to come down and then roast you. You need to be unpredictable. Run backwards occasionally to catch tailgaters. When you hear grenades around you, say a little prayer and maybe jam a booster on (if you're against a pro, he WILL hit you). Keep running forward, and with luck you can outrun your would-be assassin. Alternatively you can freeze in your tracks, hoping that the grenades will land ahead of you or (worse, but not a disaster) that you will get hit by only one, detonating any others nearby (so they won't hit you) and blowing you out of harm's way.

The best defense, though, is not to have the grenades fired at you at all. This means trying to always be out of sight from your opponent. Attack him from directly behind if possible. If you must attack from where he can see you, try to hit him with some jump shots before you come within his range (especially if he's in a heavier hull than you), and then get the •••• out of Dodge. Jumping over your enemy tends to be an easy way to escape, provided you're in a light hull. In general, while out of range, fire missiles on your opponent to try to make him waste a booster (or blow up, if he's out of them).

If you're one of those happy few blessed with very good aim, just be direct and take your opponent out, regardless of damage to yourself. If you're out of shields and ammo, try shooting with plasma at where his grenades will show up. Luck happens.

That's all I can say about dodging grenades. Everyone has his own style, and you'll have to find what works for you. I hope this helped.

Thank you very much. I'll use it next time I'm in a game. What's your Avara name? Mine is Crimson Panther.

I'm D'Keeper on Avara. 'Fraid I don't have time to play much these days. But, you never know, you might catch me on.

Well, I might as well now clog up the board with my little topic. I'm closing. Thank you, D'Keeper, for helping me out. I'll see you on Avara.

And with a silent pounding of paws on earth, The Crimson Panther vanishes into the night...

(This message has been edited by Crimson Panther (edited 01-13-2000).)

HEY!! I can't close the string!! Uh, Andrew, could you help me out?

That's an option reserved for admins. And you are not one. There is an explanation to this, but I don't have time.

Hey, I find this kinda funny. I've never played an internet game of Avara, yet I'm considered a Veteran. Hah! I stomp on you, weakling scrubs!
Oh, sorry, got carried away a bit. I have always been ranting about people using their amounts of posts as a status symbol, and now I do it myself! Boy, do I feel ashamed.
I know what I'll do! I'll personally polish my footprints off your heads if you demand it.

okay.

------------------
Life is a dream. When we are born, our dream begins. When a momentous event occurs, we have rolled. When we die, we mearly awaken. Do not fear death for it is only the begining of a pause till our next life.

spit
polish,polish,polish,polish,polish

There, spit-shined, good as new.

Happy?

thanx

😃

------------------
Life is a dream. When we are born, our dream begins. When a momentous event occurs, we have rolled. When we die, we mearly awaken. Do not fear death for it is only the begining of a pause till our next life.

Originally posted by D'Keeper:
**Heh. That's the rub, all right, dodging those grenades. Against new players, try jumping around a lot. Try not to stay in one place for too long.

This won't work on older players. They'll simply wait for you to come down and then roast you. You need to be unpredictable. Run backwards occasionally to catch tailgaters. When you hear grenades around you, say a little prayer and maybe jam a booster on (if you're against a pro, he WILL hit you). Keep running forward, and with luck you can outrun your would-be assassin. Alternatively you can freeze in your tracks, hoping that the grenades will land ahead of you or (worse, but not a disaster) that you will get hit by only one, detonating any others nearby (so they won't hit you) and blowing you out of harm's way.

The best defense, though, is not to have the grenades fired at you at all. This means trying to always be out of sight from your opponent. Attack him from directly behind if possible. If you must attack from where he can see you, try to hit him with some jump shots before you come within his range (especially if he's in a heavier hull than you), and then get the •••• out of Dodge. Jumping over your enemy tends to be an easy way to escape, provided you're in a light hull. In general, while out of range, fire missiles on your opponent to try to make him waste a booster (or blow up, if he's out of them).

If you're one of those happy few blessed with very good aim, just be direct and take your opponent out, regardless of damage to yourself. If you're out of shields and ammo, try shooting with plasma at where his grenades will show up. Luck happens.

That's all I can say about dodging grenades. Everyone has his own style, and you'll have to find what works for you. I hope this helped.**

i found that it works well to attack someone at about a 45 degree angle to the right or left of directly facing them, this way if they are a heavier hull and firing missiles at you, they will all miss, making a loop around the back of your hector, then you pull back a little again, so they swing around the front, then charge forward again and hit them with your nades. If you attack them while directly facing them you will take a bunch of damage from missiles or plasmas and even grenades are easier to hit that way, but at least missiles and plasmas are harder to aim when someone is coming at an angle..

Killme, please... sotp pulling up these 2 YEAR OLD TOPICS!@# I honestly doubt that the person who originated this is still reading these forums. So please, do us all a favor, and read only the recent ones... at least within a years time...

------------------
-Kyle "Vader" Blessing
-May the force be with you
Websites: (url="http://"http://www.MeteorArts.com")Meteor Arts(/url), (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/clanns/")Clan NS(/url)

i thought it was an interestin topic
fer once wed be talkin bout the game