Tracker.Avara.Com Sucks

What the hell is wrong with Ambrosia? They make a game, they stop making updates, they dont do anything for the game anymore, yet they'll still ban people off the tracker? avara player "Edgar Hons, IP #: 24.180.132.180" has been banned by player "Yo <GZR>" for no reason, I crashed Yo, while in Edgars Server, because Yo came in, and said "loser" to me for no reason, i asked edagr to boot Yo, but he was AFK, so i crashed Yo's computer instead, then, later that day, Edgar Hons is banned from the Avara Tracker, for NO reason, its absolute bull****, and Ambrosia expects him to apologize for doing nothing accept running a 24 hour 7 days a week non stop Avara server for the community? this is absolute crap, and if any avara player can just email ambrosia somones IP # and say they crashed them, and ambrosia beleives them because Yo is buddies with Taz who is a moderator, its all aboslute ing propoganda. Yes, I crash people, I admit it, I crash anyone who pisses me off, which isnt very hard to do, so what if I crash peopole? they dont hafta come to the servers im in, but they do, so what do they expect from me? Anyways im currently banned from Avara, which is no problem to me because I can get around it so easily. However I write and post this on behalf of Edgar Hons, who was banned for NO REASON, you can ask anyone who knows him, he never crashed a person before, and still hasnt to this day, unban his IP # 24.180.132.180 because hes banned for no reason other than some stupid old impotent **** reported his IP # because he allowed me to crash Yo in his server, what absolute bull. :mad:

------------------
If lifes not a crime, why
does it have a
sentence of death?

calm down! it's just a game!

------------------
"The only reason for time is to stop everything from happening at once!"

I'm not sure what rock you live under, but let me clarify a few things. First, Ambrosia made the game, and supplies the tracker. Than means they can do whatever the hell they want to and you have no say in it. Second, crashing people is lame. I, personally, woud have not only banned you from the tracker, but also every other Ambrosia related web-based service. Third, you don't mess with Yo. 🆒

------------------
Bill Baumann / Werty
Not all who wander are lost.

Whatever

------------------
War doesn't deside who is right it desides who is left.
Jager a nice frindly pirate here to plunder your ship

Along with what Werty said, there's also the simple fact that doing something like this will get you no help whatsoever and will likely keep you from being to do anything whatsoever for the forseeable future. You'll find that in most cases, with a reasonable complaint or question, the ASW people are very helpful.

Originally posted by Sexy Sphinx:
What the hell is wrong with Ambrosia? They make a game, they stop making updates, they dont do anything for the game anymore, yet they'll still ban people off the tracker? avara player "Edgar Hons, IP #: 24.180.132.180" has been banned by player "Yo <GZR>" for no reason, I crashed Yo, while in Edgars Server, because Yo came in, and said "loser" to me for no reason, i asked edagr to boot Yo, but he was AFK, so i crashed Yo's computer instead, then, later that day, Edgar Hons is banned from the Avara Tracker, for NO reason, its absolute bull**, and Ambrosia expects him to apologize for doing nothing accept running a 24 hour 7 days a week non stop Avara server for the community? this is absolute crap, and if any avara player can just email ambrosia somones IP # and say they crashed them, and ambrosia beleives them because Yo is buddies with Taz who is a moderator, its all aboslute ing propoganda. Yes, I crash people, I admit it, I crash anyone who pisses me off, which isnt very hard to do, so what if I crash peopole? they dont hafta come to the servers im in, but they do, so what do they expect from me? Anyways im currently banned from Avara, which is no problem to me because I can get around it so easily. However I write and post this on behalf of Edgar Hons, who was banned for NO REASON, you can ask anyone who knows him, he never crashed a person before, and still hasnt to this day, unban his IP # 24.180.132.180 because hes banned for no reason other than some stupid old impotent **** reported his IP # because he allowed me to crash Yo in his server, what absolute bull. :mad:

------------------
Captaintripps: intelligent to the fifth decimal place
(url="http://"http://voxhumanasketch.tripod.com/voxhumana/")VoxHumana(/url) -- Comedy of the Future

Originally posted by Captaintripps:
**You'll find that in most cases, with a reasonable complaint or question, the ASW people are very helpful.

While his complaint and request were resonable, there are better ways to phrase things...

Additionally, just don't crash people. Personally, I would only crash a crasher. I try not to increase the out-of-game hostilities, but am sometimes forced to match them.

------------------
Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

Ok, that's enough of this.

Locking topic. Sphinx, karma slap heading your way.
Please watch your language, and your attitude.

------------------
This signature is funny. Please read it again.

Ok, I decided some of this needed a response. I'm going to open the topic again for a bit - but close it quickly if it gets out of control.

**What the hell is wrong with Ambrosia? They make a game, they stop making updates, they dont do anything for the game anymore, yet they'll still ban people off the tracker? avara player "Edgar Hons, IP #: 24.180.132.180" has been banned by player "Yo <GZR>" for no reason, I crashed Yo, while in Edgars Server, because Yo

If Yo sent something to Ambrosia, I think I would have heard about it. I've heard nothing, nor have I reported anything lately. It's quite possible something else happened. However, saying "Yo" got anyone banned is quite a stretch.

came in, and said "loser" to me for no reason, i asked edagr to boot Yo, but he was AFK, so i crashed Yo's computer instead, then, later that day, Edgar Hons is

You really should not go around crashing anyone.

banned from the Avara Tracker, for NO reason, its absolute bull****, and Ambrosia expects him to apologize for doing nothing accept running a 24 hour 7 days a week non stop Avara server for the community? this is absolute crap, and if any avara player can just email ambrosia somones IP # and say they crashed them, and

There is NO reason to run a 24/7 server "for the community". Anyone doing so will be getting an IP ban for a while.

ambrosia beleives them because Yo is buddies with Taz who is a moderator, its all aboslute ****ing propoganda. Yes, I crash people, I admit it, I crash anyone who pisses me off, which isnt very hard to do, so what if I crash peopole? they dont hafta come to the servers im in, but they do, so what do they expect from me?

Yo being a gzr has nothing to do with taking action against someone doing something I feel is unhonorable. What do I expect from you? Grow up and act a bit more mature.

Anyways im currently banned from Avara, which is no problem to me because I can get around it so easily. However I write and post this on behalf of Edgar Hons, who was banned for NO REASON, you can ask anyone who knows him, he never crashed a person before, and still hasnt to this day, unban his IP # 24.180.132.180 because hes banned for no reason other than some stupid old impotent **** reported his IP # because he allowed me to crash Yo in his server, what absolute bull****.:mad:

You, and he, got what you deserve. If, in a few days, things settle down, I'll email andrew and see what's up. Until then, you had best keep your attitude in check.

------------------

An update:

It's been confirmed to me that Yo was not the one who reported that someone was crashing people in Avara. Enough of this already. As someone else said above- it's a game. Get over it.

------------------

Edgar Hons has been banned for over 2 months, its sooo stupid. And why, WHY would somone get banned for running a 24/7 avara server? HOW STUPID can you people be? Please explain this to me. And you say you supply the tracker, well hell, send me whatever software I need to and ill run the avara tracker 24/7 on my G4 cable modem.

And as far as im aware, it was Yo <GZR> who had him banned as well as Missile Man banned, its stupid as **** when the players who keep this game alive are being kicked off it, send me the software to run the tracker and i'll be more than happy to run it.

And Im not posting this to help myself, but I think the banning of somone who didint do anything accept run a server, is lame. IF I ran a server with an invite saying "your all faggots" would I be banned? it happens all the time, people have invites like that lots, they dont get banned.

------------------
does it have a
sentence of death?

Really, that was my point. I should phrase things better.

To Sphinx and his latest post:
It's not like every ban or action by people on the Avara tracker are a book of the bible to the people at ASW. They aren't god and don't know everything. You shouting unintelligibly is not helpful to your cause. What's the point, really, it's a game.

Originally posted by Defender:
**While his complaint and request were resonable, there are better ways to phrase things...

------------------
Captaintripps: intelligent to the fifth decimal place
(url="http://"http://voxhumanasketch.tripod.com/voxhumana/")VoxHumana(/url) -- Comedy of the Future

Sphinx, if you keep this up, who knows wtf ambrosia will do... They might go as far to take down the tracker, or stop giving Avara what little support it has. Be happy this game is still around and being played, and stop whining on the webboards. Let Hons do his own complaining.

------------------
-Kyle "Vader" Blessing
-May the force be with you
Websites: (url="http://"http://www.MeteorArts.com")Meteor Arts(/url), (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/clanns/")Clan NS(/url)

(This message has been edited by Vader (edited 11-30-2001).)

**And as far as im aware, it was Yo <GZR> who had him banned as well as Missile Man banned, its stupid as **** when the players who keep this game alive are being kicked off it, send me the software to run the tracker and i'll be more than happy to run it.

MM is alright, he can play when he wants to anyway. He was getting a little crash-happy...although most deserved it.

------------------
Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

Besides Sphinx, asking ASW to continually update Avara and put resources is like asking Nintendo to provide you with support and new batteries for the original Zelda on NES or Apple to update and support and develop for it's older operating systems. It's not profitable.

------------------
Captaintripps: The Ever ReadyŽ

<< There is NO reason to run a 24/7 server "for the community". Anyone doing so will be getting an IP ban for a while. >>

There's NO reason to run this webboard 24/7, there's NO reason to run the Tracker itself 24/7...There's NO reason I'm breathing 24/7...

What exactly is wrong with trying to put some effort, and get some energy into a game that the creators have seemingly given up on? Does it offend someone that I have a server up 24/7? I only did it because on numerous occasions, I went to the tracker, saw no servers, and left. I'm sure many others did the same thing, and I feel without the Mega Server I had, the game would be dead right now, I truly do.

Does it slow down some other server or something that runs the tracker? If it does, TELL ME! I didn't make the server to slow up bandwidth on someone's computer, I did it so I could play Avara more. You think if I'd have been told it was a problem, I'd be so stubborn as to keep it up in spite? NO! I JUST WANT TO PLAY, ILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO PLAY! I don't know who exactly was in charge of banning me, but whoever it was...you do a horrid job. If you don't tell me a 24/7 server is bad, other members of the Avara community won't hear about it (Trust me, not many people know about this board) and they might end up doing the same thing. What kind of raging power-freak would just ban someone on the spot? You say there's no reason, but did you ask? Did you? DID YOU? No, you didn't...why? Because you do a horrid job and obviously have little clue what you are doing...I sure don't know what it is you're doing.

I was told if I came here and apologized, I could get access to the Tracker back. I didn't come here to give an apology, I came here to request one from the moron who was responsible for my banning. Personally I'd be most happy if access was granted back to me, you apologized, and then either stepped down from whatever position you have or got educated about how to go about it. You did a horrid job.

And YES, I repeatedly e-mailed Ambrosia asking what I'd done...I receieved nothing in reply...

And to one of the nosy people who chose to interfere in this matter which clearly didn't concern them who said "Why doesn't Hons come complain for himself" or something along those lines...I am complaining, but I refuse to be civil about it. Why should I let bygones be bygones? I don't want access to the Tracker back, not when it's being run by whatever idiot runs it now. (Taz, I direct most of my words at you, as you seem to be the one partially claiming responsiblity for this, I don't know however) I'll take access back, but I'm not going to do it with a smile, I won't compromise for access back. It's going to have to be a realization of error on the part of the person responsible for this mess. I want them to give up a little bit of the pride I feel is seeping through them. Who would have the nerve to claim such power? Who, when presented with the privilege, the PRIVILEGE, of running the tracker, would abuse its power so? Where is my right to fair trial? Perhaps I forgot to download the justice plug-in, because I certainly can't find any that came with this game.

You refused to question my actions, I am forced to question yours...I feel others should as well. Taz, you can rebutt all you want, I ask nothing of you...nothing. This is not a request, it is a statement. My voice is all I have now, it is all anyone has, how long will it take before you become the dictator of that as well?

Originally posted by EdgarHons:
And to one of the nosy people who chose to interfere in this matter which clearly didn't concern them who said "Why doesn't Hons come complain for himself" or something along those lines...**

Hons, for that matter, it doesn't concern sphinx either. And when it is brought to the webboards for all the public to see, you shouldn't complain when somone responds to the post, that is what a webboard is for. If you want to keep this private, then e-mail, and don't bring your personal problems onto the webboard.

------------------
-Kyle "Vader" Blessing
-May the force be with you
Websites: (url="http://"http://www.MeteorArts.com")Meteor Arts(/url), (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/clanns/")Clan NS(/url)

<< Hons, for that matter, it doesn't concern sphinx either. And when it is brought to the webboards for all the public to see, you shouldn't complain when somone responds to the post, that is what a webboard is for. If you want to keep this private, then e-mail, and don't bring your personal problems onto the webboard. >>

Perhaps you didn't read what I said...let me jog your memory... "And YES, I repeatedly e-mailed Ambrosia asking what I'd done...I receieved nothing in reply..."

I DID e-mail them, but because such a horrid job was done, it just didn't work. And it is Sphinx's business, rememeber...he WAS booted too. I apologize for calling you nosy though, you did have a right to reply, I just need something to call you since I didn't much take to your statement. I was/am angry, I hope you can understand.

This is an apology to the Avara web board. I have been banned from accessing the avara tracker. The only way I found out that I was deliberately banned was because when I tried to connect I got a screen that said "access blocked: your network has been banned from accessing the tracker. To get this fixed e-mail Help@AmbrosiaSW.com"
When I e-mailed them I waited for a month before recieving a reply. The reply didn't even tell me anything, it just asked how long i had been banned. It was from David Dunham. After exchanging e-mails with him quite a few times I learned why I had been banned. Apparently my IP was "complained about several times". And I "Know exactly why I was banned." David Dunham would not tell me who complained, or what they alleged I did. He didn't need to because I supposidly knew what i had done to be banned. Just like Edgar did, right?
Well, I suppose I do know what I did. I crashed morons like Yo because they repeatedly harassed me. I won't deny crashing them, and I won't denie that I probably deserved to be banned. However the way in which it was done was wrong. I was never told that I was banned, I had extreme troubles even contacting Ambrosia, and after I did I learned that David Dunham is a stuck up ******* who won't even tell me what I am accused of doing.
I was however told by David Dunham what I could do to regain access to the tracker. "We've recieved multiple complaints mentioning your IP specifically, and
one for your buddy. If you would like access to the tracker reinstated,
then both you, Missle Man, and your friend, Edgar Hons must post an
apology to the Avara web board." So this is my apology to the Avara web board.

I'm sorry for paying $20 for your game in 1996 when it came out. I'm sorry for making levels which helped your game. I'm sorry for writing an instruction manual on how to play your game better. I'm sorry for teaching countless people how to play your game. I'm sorry for spending hundreds of hours playing your game, getting good at your game, becoming members and eventually leaders of clans in your game. I'm sorry that I crashed jerks who deserved it. Well actually, i'm not sorry about that part. But I am sorry about everything else. Now please reinstate my tracker access as was agreed to by David Dunham. And don't try anything like saying "that's not what we meant by an apology". Because that was an apology. You never told me what to apologize for, never told me what I could apologize for because you never actually told me what I did to get banned. I only guessed at that. So as per agreed, the IP 24.7.140.46 should now have access to the Avara tracker. Thank you for your time. If anyone would like copies of the e-mail conversation between myself and Ambrosia's representative, David Dunham, you can e-mail me at ambrosiasucks@davidownsme.com

This is outrageous. I apologize, im sorry for being born, im sorry you guys are such a bunch of stuck up dorks, im sorry for crashing those who deserved it (all of them), and im sorry that I ever played this game made by such a ****ing dumb company.

------------------
does it have a
sentence of death?

Wow, looks like Sphinx needs to have his IP unbanned now too, according to what David Dunham told me atleast.