Andrew...

I see you're posting now...are you gonna be able to help me get unbanned?

------------------

From the posts I've seen Andrew put up, it looks doubtful Hons. He seems to be the ringleader of Ambrosia's stuck up attitude. I wouldn't count on him doing you any favors. It's apparent that he's not going to abide by the agreement which David Dunham made with me (to unban me if I posted an apology).. So apparently Ambrosia doesn't take honesty into very high regard.
However you might have a chance, simply because Ambrosia is 100% in the wrong on your case. You never did anything to anyone, and the reason you were banned was because someone else acted inappropriately in your server, and when this was reported Ambrosia staff failed to do their research on what happened. They simply banned you because you ran the server. That alone is rediculous, but on top of that they never notified you, and infact never replied to your e-mails. You have been banned how long? Over 2 months? Wow, not only should Ambrosia unban you immediately, but they should post a public apology on their web board as well. You deserve it.
As for myself, I don't really care that much. Avara is dead anyway. I would like to thank Taz! for actually trying to do something about the problem. It took a little bit of convincing, but he acted pretty well in the end. As for David and Andrew, they can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. They seem pretty bent on "doing their jobs" which apparently includes banning innocent people who's only crime was sharing their bandwidth with other players. I'll keep playing avara, banning my IP can't stop me... The people at Avaraline still tell me the IP's to servers that are up. Ambrosia can take away my tracker, but they can't take away my friends. People at A-line rock, they sure as hell have done a lot more for avara than Ambrosia has.

(edited by taz!)

(This message has been edited by Taz! (edited 12-08-2001).)

Ah, the way I understood, edgar was crashing people's computers - and then he looks surprised that he got banned... hmm. Spooky, eh?

martin

ps. Ok, it's a sig test. sue me. 😛

------------------
a) I will perform skilled surgery on four youths.
🆒 I will take only three skill-filled minutes.
c) I will use only winkle shells, crabsticks and starfish.

Yes to your post and what the hell to your sig. Also a hearty chuckle.

Originally posted by martin:
**Ah, the way I understood, edgar was crashing people's computers - and then he looks surprised that he got banned... hmm. Spooky, eh?

martin

ps. Ok, it's a sig test. sue me. 😛

------------------
Captaintripps: Harbinger #1 of Sierra's Law
(url="http://"http://voxhumanasketch.tripod.com/voxhumana/")VoxHumana(/url) -- Comedy of the Future

Originally posted by martin:
**Ah, the way I understood, edgar was crashing people's computers - and then he looks surprised that he got banned... hmm. Spooky, eh?

Edgar hasn't crashed any servers. Hell, he just runs (or used to, anyways) that one Mega Server. Why would he crash his own server?

------------------
Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

Originally posted by EdgarHons:
**I see you're posting now...are you gonna be able to help me get unbanned?

I posted a message with exactly what you should do -- email all of the particulars to me. andrew@AmbrosiaSW.com -- and I will look into the matter. andrew@AmbrosiaSW.com

Your behavior here on this web board hasn't exactly strengthened your case, but at least unlike "Missile Man", you've been appologetic about your transgressions, and we'll be equally appologetic if there has been a mistake in banning you -- and you will be unbanned with alacrity.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by Missile Man:
**As for David and Andrew, they can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. They seem pretty bent on "doing their jobs" which apparently includes banning innocent people who's only crime was sharing their bandwidth with other players. I'll keep playing avara, banning my IP can't stop me... The people at Avaraline still tell me the IP's to servers that are up. Ambrosia can take away my tracker, but they can't take away my friends. People at A-line rock, they sure as hell have done a lot more for avara than Ambrosia has.

Hey "MissileMan" -- guess what? You are judged by your actions. You've acted like a flailing infant (albeit one with the mouth of a sailor). Deal with it.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.