The tournament....

It looks like I'm way to late....am I?

------------------
"Bond, GlueBubble Bond."
"To reach the Order I have attained, I traveled deeper into Chaos than I wanted. Now, as I stand upon my shelf of Order, and see the Chaos swirling around me, I realize I haven't come up at all."

I played some Avara a couple days ago. I got wasted by this guy named.....umm....umm.....hell, I can't remember, but I think it started with an "S".

------------------
"Bond, GlueBubble Bond."
"To reach the Order I have attained, I traveled deeper into Chaos than I wanted. Now, as I stand upon my shelf of Order, and see the Chaos swirling around me, I realize I haven't come up at all."

heh

------------------

Hello

I would like to participate in an Avara Tornament but I have a problem, I do not have the game!!!

Yes, I have played it before and I'm ok!

Can you help me with my problem, I think its a bug in the software!

------------------
The poodle is coming!
The poodle is coming!
Whoa, it looks like AVN!

Originally posted by Cap't of the Guard:
**Hello

I would like to participate in an Avara Tornament but I have a problem, I do not have the game!!!

Yes, I have played it before and I'm ok!

Can you help me with my problem, I think its a bug in the software!

What - exactly - is your problem?

------------------
I'm sorry - I can't argue with you. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

I think he said he doesn't own the game. Don't worry about him. Actually, do worry about him. 🙂 He's kinda psycho.

I actually do own the game! I would like to know why my levels won't work. I'm using AppleWorks, isn't that an evolved ClarisWorks? So what's wrong?

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

Oh, no. This board isn't dead. It's only been almost a month and my question hasn't been answered.

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

Originally posted by AVN:
**Oh, no. This board isn't dead. It's only been almost a month and my question hasn't been answered.

Thank you- you are correct. It is not dead. And what do you mean almost a month? Can't read dates either? You posed your previous question on 1-18-01. It's been 13 days -Sheesh.

A bit more explaination of the problem would help, but in general, using Appleworks is a step in the wrong direction. Clarisworks 4.0 I've heard is the best program for creating levels - that's what Cowboy used for all the gzr levels.

(This message has been edited by Taz! (edited 01-31-2001).)

Sorry. I'm just really annoyed because I've been trying to figure this out for over a year.

I can't use ClarisWorks because I don't own it. AppleWorks is the closest thing I have to it. Here is the problem:

I make a level. It looks fine, should work OK. I save it and open a level thingy (you know, those things you load into Avara, like the Net Levels file?) with ResEdit. I set the little fields to work with my level. I choose file in the radio button. I then quit ResEdit, saving first, and open my level thingy in Avara. I click the level. Nothing happens. A blank sky appears with blank ground underneath. The player doesn't even come up, though I set everything in my level correctly. I even tried a pre-made level, copied, and pasted all the info, and that didn't work either.

------------------

Ok. A quick pointer. When you copy an Avara level PICT from one level in RESEDIT to another file, all the typed commands lose their value.
Ok, look, you guys wanna make this board live? Play avara. And tell all your freinds to also. Plus go to (url="http://"http://www.avara.org")www.avara.org(/url). This is really the only Avara site out there that dare i say has some balls and is up to date.
-Ragnarok

------------------
And then god sent forth the eighth plauge, lag

I'm not doing that. My levels are contained in files. I never copy the PICT rescource. I copied the information from the level set.

------------------