Hey! This is new, and regarding AVARA 2!

Hey, you guys... i was never around long, and i never was here at the forums... Vader, ive always have wanted to be friends w/ u, man! i wanna play some AVARA w/ you to! it should be very educational for me ;). anyhoo, I would think AVARA2 would b a great idea! (i LOOOOVE the whole jumpjet idea 😛 ) yeah, i think if someone FORCES you to be a yellow HECTOR, you can put stripes on it, like a tiger! ( ;)) *the TIGERHECTOR searched for his enemy, his target, his foe. meanwhile, the blood red HECTOR in another corner , one turn would lead him face to face with fate, with his former friend (they were fighting over a cookie :p). He was wondering what he actually saw, an actual Tiger?! he thought it might be an illusion, or a hologram, but when he searched farther, he led himself deaper and deaper into the labyrinth, searching, wondering, half-scared to death at the thought that there was something else in there, with them... he'd hoped there was a chance, he would slay the beast, after it had taken his enemy. In the other corner, just a few feet from the corner, he had nothing but walls, left and right, and a corridor behind and front, he inched toward the intersection of four halls, he knew his plan, once he had reached the bare edge of the intersection, he would run forwards, stop at the middle, and become an easy target for a grenade, but once the enemy has fired the grenade, a split second before the nade was fired, he'd hear it, and scramble backwords. he did just that, ran forward, and his enemy saw him... what went threw the red's mind was (" ****! is that what i- oh, my god, ITS HIM!" quick,quick, just fire a nade!)
BOHMWHA!!!
TIGER lurched backwards, and saw the terrible explosion of the nade, and with his nades, armed, he waited for his enemy, he knew and anticipated every move red could make, and made safety precautions, he checked his view angle camera screens, fore, aft, starboard and port. he saw the pitiful red check for remains, after he thought he had slaughtered his opponent. TIGER shot almost simultaneously all four of his remaining grenades, frying, sauteing and barbecueing his prize. it was all over...

Ya see? (back to reality folks... 😉 ) it would be so cool to have little textures in yer HECTOR color...make your own, or use presets! yeah, if they cant make AVARA2, atleast make us a good friggin huge set of lvls, or a plug-in! no money, lost or made (quite...), and it'll b fun! WE WANT #2! WE WANT #2!

ill leave YOU guys to decide...

sincerely,
Ralek
P.S., i hope you nominate me fer story writing! 😄

------------------
Andrew Wilson

Unfortunetly, Avara is VERY old.
And, it was pretty un-profitable for Ambrosia. It wouldn't be good for the welfare of the company to make a sequel.
Anyway, I'll crawl back into my little shell now

That's a bummer.

------------------
Oh, I'm not saying those Alduran ships are bad. In fact, they make excellent minesweepers. Once.

-Orion Axis General Marxx
StarLance

We should get that genius kid that has been making the scour.net program as well as the best N64 emulator, Sixtyforce. I bet that kid is the ticket. Let's go out and start something. Avara wasn't a stupid Mac game, it was the Mac phenomenon that unified us through the worst years in Mac history. Something as important as that should not be forgotten.
There, was that something of a peptalk?

Yeah really...we should threaten to set him on fire or something... 😉

------------------

No, seriously. We should go after this kid and get him to help us. Have you seen his work? He's really good and seems to be a true Mac maniac. Who wants to e-mail him? I looked on his website(s) and the address I got was gerrit@aol.com. The only problem I find is that the link takes me to his other website, so it may be fake. Anyways, who wants to get together and try?

WHy not get AVARA to be open source, then we can have many people working on it at the same time, the same way that marathon is now. It would mean that rather than having to make a wish list for the game update people could implement their own ideas and have them combined with others. DOnt you think that would be great?

Durandal
(thebigm99@mac.com)

-- What do you mean you hit the switch and nothing happend?! --

Originally posted by Durandle:
**WHy not get AVARA to be open source, then we can have many people working on it at the same time, the same way that marathon is now. It would mean that rather than having to make a wish list for the game update people could implement their own ideas and have them combined with others. DOnt you think that would be great?

Durandal
(thebigm99@mac.com)

-- What do you mean you hit the switch and nothing happend?! --**

probably. but then there's compatability issues..

------------------

Ok, guys, thanx so much! um, wuts dat kids name, where does he live(and his time zone, heh!), and is he available for this? i think it IS true, that this game banded those who survived, through the years of seemingly bad maccing... and, come outta yer shell, plz ;-)! If were gonna do this, we gonna have ta do it right, we need ppl who can make, test and make suggestions fer this lil project. ill test and make sugg., and you guys who actually REPLIED, can be credited in the making if the game ;). whoever says "IT CANT BE DONE, BUTTHEAD-MEATBALL-THINGIE!!" or something of the sort, will be shot ;).<---(also, never mentioned or seen again, ESPECIALLY not in the game, so redeem yerselves, heh!). heh, sorry, big imagination... anything on dat kid, or mebbe willing "volunteers"? ("Ya! Avara 2 will be the best ever! Ow, yer hurting me with that gun barre-OW!!"...) anyhoo, thanx! gimme a mail at Ralek@avara.org. thanx!

Aftershock is probably the closest thing to AVARA II we will ever get.

And hey, its pretty good!

------------------
To Escape Velocity 3 and Beyond!