I can't beat an Avara level, HELP!

I can't seem to beat one of the built in missions. It's called "Rescue", and whenever I play the level, I always get killed! The UFOs always kill me, and they never seem to stop coming down out of nowhere! Do any of you know how to beat the level or have any tips on beating it? If you do I would be most grateful if you told them to me.

------------------

Very simple, don't shoot at any thing but the tractor beem generators. It helps to keep walking forwards and backwards while your firing, your much less likely to get hit.

------------------
The space ships hung in the air much in the same way bricks don't.
HHGTTG

Why is it that the more civilized the civilization, the more people they kill?

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**I can't seem to beat one of the built in missions. It's called "Rescue", and whenever I play the level, I always get killed! The UFOs always kill me, and they never seem to stop coming down out of nowhere! Do any of you know how to beat the level or have any tips on beating it? If you do I would be most grateful if you told them to me.

Some hints can be found in the "Speed Avara" topic. I believe one poster commented on doing that level very quickly.

------------------
When you're right 90% of the time, you can disregard the other 3%

Where's this "Speed Avara" topic?

------------------

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Where's this "Speed Avara" topic?

Check your preferences, and set them to show topics for the last 75 days or so. then click the go button.

Speed Avara should show in the larger listing.

------------------
When you're right 90% of the time, you can disregard the other 3%

Get a lot of grenades, and fire at the tractor beam generators as quickly and accurately while moving backwords and forwards to avoid enemy shots. Just use regular shots when you run out of grenades. Do this level fast, because more enemies come down from the sky the longer you wait.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.

Thanks for your help! I beat "Rescue" two days ago with advice from Wikatatakatawata. I'm sure your suggestions would have helped though.

------------------