Help a truly pathetic Avara player

I keep getting pounded by UFO's in every solo mission I try - forget multiplayer. I think it's because I favor using plasma cannons - too much Dark Forces. Any tips?

------------------
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
-Gen. Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

Yes! That was a big problem for me before I noticed something about them.... They shoot where they think you'll be... So run towards a UFO and then stop after you hear it fire its shot(s) at you. The shots will fly right by. When fighting a whole lot of UFOs in every direction, run forwards trying to get some of them, and then jump over some of the shots while changing directions. UFOs aren't like people, they can only fire where they think you'll be, not wherever the hell they want to. Peace out

------------------
Sometimes it strikes me that the writers of free verse got their idea from incorrect proof pages. -Robert Frost

Tha's still a prob for me, listen to Mad Hatter. My solution was only play multiplayer. 🙂

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

"Je deteste Wyndoze!"
-Me.

Join #darksouls.mac on SorceryNet!

It doesn't matter what weapon you use, if you stand still you will get killed.

------------------

Dodge their shots by running back and forth. Or you can constantly jump. If you're in a field that's pushing up slightly, then it will fire above you (though I doubt any levels have a field like this). Never run towards them unless you know exactly what you're doing. And use lotsa missiles.

------------------

plasma is the best for solo. try jumping over the shots. this also works with nades.

------------------

UFO's are fairly weak - you can win a shootout against one of them, unless it runs away. Still, don't stand still to get hit by too many shots - start dodging when your shields reach 50% or so. Missiles are the best weapon against UFOs, not plasma. Most solo missions don't require you to kill the UFOs, which is good, since they don't tend to have much ammo.

UFO's fire at a specific frequency. Watch one for a little bit, jumping over its shots, until you learn its firing speed. Then, simply jump each time as it's targetting you, and the shot will sail overhead. If you miss-time it, the shot will go below you, so it's a win-win situation.

------------------