ARES X

@lord-commander-anic, on Nov 24 2008, 01:13 PM, said in ARES X:

Ok, here are some screens of Hera at work:
http://rapidshare.de...apics.sitx.html

password?

This post has been edited by redsteven : 25 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

Duh!
Forgeot the password! Sorry about that.
It is of course "hera" without the quotes.

@lord-commander-anic, on Nov 25 2008, 04:44 PM, said in ARES X:

Duh!
Forgeot the password! Sorry about that.
It is of course "hera" without the quotes.

thanks

Yay

This post has been edited by KWDEMON : 30 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Srsly?

I was exclaiming i had finally finished reading all the posts in this thread.

Do it quietly next time, you stirred the dust up off of this topic.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 30 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Speaking of dust... points to #xsera

ARe you implying that this mission has failed 😞 ?

#xsera = Ambrosia IRC channel. I pointed to it because there's something maybe going on there. Maybe, I don't know. Not like I'm a developer or anything...

QUOTE (the_tree @ Nov 15 2008, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ares does work on sheepsaver although it is a little buggy and choppy.

Seeing Harry on OS X would be great too.

Great work you guys have done on Xsera so far! I can't wait to see the finished port. 🙂

I feel like the last horse through the gates, the last desperate Ares fan.
I just got my first very own mac, (10.5.6 with 4gb ram) I have been dreaming of playing Ares again for 10 YEARS!
After staying up the last two nights straight,
I now have Chubby Bunny V4.01 running OS 9.0.4
I have installed Ares but get
"could not open application ARES because an unexpected error occured"
I tried downloading Quicktime 5.x because it was from around that era, and Quicktime installed, but did not solve the problem.

Please help me troubleshoot! 🙂
I just want to fly the Ares again so i can sleep tonight.... my Uni projects have really been suffering 😛
I'm almost certain i haven't given you guys enough information so just tell me what you need to know.
If there's anybody out there....

EDIT: GO Project Xsera!

This post has been edited by TheLastAresFanboy : 10 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

I don't know about your "chubby bunny" thing but the reason that we're working on Xsera is that there is no reasonable / decent substitute for running Ares on OS X. From what I've heard about emulating Ares, it's either very slow and stutter-y, it runs but only for some parts, or it just flat-out doesn't work.

Hang tight, we're working on a better solution 😉

QUOTE (adam_0 @ May 11 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about your "chubby bunny" thing but the reason that we're working on Xsera is that there is no reasonable / decent substitute for running Ares on OS X. From what I've heard about emulating Ares, it's either very slow and stutter-y, it runs but only for some parts, or it just flat-out doesn't work.

Hang tight, we're working on a better solution 😉

chubby bunny is just a slang name for the emulator configuration for SS that does all the mounting for you 🙂
Took me 23hrs of frustration to run across...

And i did get EVO running last night... slow and stuttery and fed knives to my fish behind my back. So sad.

That's what else i meant to say; I'm behind Xsera 100% ... but I'm not really code-literate... and even though i love macs, have only owned mine for a short time, so i know Zero unix/linux.
If there's anything you need, i can more offer promotional/publication services and maybe audio mixing (but i have no access to a working version of Ares 1.2 so i'm limited to just the videos and game music content which is downloadable (and -sigh- probably completely copyright)) as i put out a magazine & music to the (not so general) public.

🙂

This post has been edited by TheLastAresFanboy : 11 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (TheLastAresFanboy @ May 11 2009, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If there's anything you need, i can more offer promotional/publication services and maybe audio mixing (but i have no access to a working version of Ares 1.2 so i'm limited to just the videos and game music content which is downloadable (and -sigh- probably completely copyright)) as i put out a magazine & music to the (not so general) public.

🙂

More help is always needed, and we do have access to sounds, music, etc. that we would love to have redone. Please contact me via PM if you're interested.

QUOTE (TheLastAresFanboy @ May 10 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been dreaming of playing Ares again for 10 YEARS!

You will need a 10 year old Mac! It isn't really playable on Sheepshaver, when you can get Sheepshaver to work at all!
(I tried it and Basilisk, even though I have an old Mac that I can play Ares on natively.)
Better to wait for Xsera.

Or better yet, help with Xsera. 🙂

Sign me up for beta testing when you get there.

Oh, and I'll let you guys know when I get my OS 9.2 iMac up and running again. It had to be shut down and moved to make room for a semi-new PC (only because it's required to run software for college). I have a registered copy of Ares and Hera on my iMac and can help in that way with a lot of what Hera can do. At least, I think I can.

Keep up the good work!

Just in case anybody ever checks this forum ever again. Best of luck with Xsera, but I'd be happy to help if I get noticed. I can't seem to find a way to contact any of the devs.

I check fairly regularly, though I'm not the guy you're looking for. There hasn't been any real dev activity on Xsera for about a year, as far as I can tell. If anything, I'd try contacting adam_0 via email.