xsera/antares

interwebs thoughts and poll

Poll: SEO (5 member(s) have cast votes)
Would you give both teams massive clicks off of google or bing if their websites were updated?
Yes
(3 votes [60.00%])
Percentage of vote: 60.00%
No
(2 votes [40.00%])
Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Just wanted to thank adam_0 and the rest of the xsera team for the recent status report, without contaminating the official progress log. It is both exciting and terrifying to hear that the new AI is being developed from scratch 😉

I noticed that xsera.org has not been updated for over a year now... I don't know a lot of coding but i can handle some HTML. Maybe I can give it some love? I was thinking of a simple status sheet, showing the tasks already completed (yay) and the ones that are currently being worked on at a quick glance. I doubt many people see the website that don't also know about the updates on the ambrosia boards, but you never know.

Antares team? You guys rock. Would love to see some updates on your page as well...
I think you ALL need paypal buttons so we can buy the teams a pint for their continued efforts.

@kgb, on 22 July 2011 - 02:47 AM, said in xsera/antares:

I was thinking of a simple status sheet, showing the tasks already completed (yay) and the ones that are currently being worked on at a quick glance. I doubt many people see the website that don't also know about the updates on the ambrosia boards, but you never know.

Xsera and Antares both have issue trackers, which serve along these lines:

I'm a little more particular about mine, in that I file a lot more bugs and distinguish between "FixPending" (fixed the code but haven't cut a new release) and "Fixed" (released the fix). However, you can still see some more recent updates about Xsera there.

Hi KGB! It's nice to have some forum chatter 🙂

It is both exciting and terrifying to hear that the new AI is being developed from scratch 😉

I'm glad to strike some terror into the hearts of old Ares fans, bwahahah... ahem, I mean, I'm glad you like the idea.

I noticed that xsera.org has not been updated for over a year now... I don't know a lot of coding but i can handle some HTML. Maybe I can give it some love?

The site could definitely use some love. Truth is, I've been quite negligent in keeping any sort of content on the site... partially because I'm pretty busy, also because I'm not great with websites myself. I don't know exactly what you have in mind, but in general I'm on Ambrosia's IRC server, in #xsera (if you're not used to IRC, here's a quick link). If you could stop by there and talk to one of the Xsera crew and brainstorm about what you could do, that would be fantastic 🙂

I'm generally online anytime that's reasonable in the Pacific timezone, so you'll probably see me if you join then. Otherwise, one of the other admins might be available.