[Xsera] [ANN] Xsera Demo 1 Released!

I tried them and liked them, although the Gaitori Carrier seems somewhat…non-blocky. I believe that the original was depicted as being slightly taller, but very nice work overall.

QUOTE (Shlimazel @ Apr 14 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I was told to deliver all the ships in white, so I assume there is some sort of devious programming trick underway.

To answer Lord Commander Anic's question, yes, ships will be tinted in the final product. We made them white so that we could make them any color in multiplayer, somewhat like units in Starcraft, except the whole ship will be painted.

QUOTE (gavin83209 @ Apr 14 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried them and liked them, although the Gaitori Carrier seems somewhat…non-blocky. I believe that the original was depicted as being slightly taller, but very nice work overall.

That's because Shlimazel's applying the same lighting and tilt angle to all ships, which Mr. Lamont was inconsistent on. So some ships will appear different, yes.

This post has been edited by adam_0 : 15 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (adam_0 @ Apr 16 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We made them white so that we could make them any color in multiplayer

Ah, I thought as much.

Hi, I just discovered that there is an ares related project around… 😄

I'd like to try the tech demo, but the link doesn't work for me.

QUOTE (jackoverfull @ May 29 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I just discovered that there is an ares related project around… 😄

I'd like to try the tech demo, but the link doesn't work for me.

ditto guys, apparently the nfreader webpage/download link server "could not be found" - says safari.
Will the link be back up anytime soon?

It appears that nfreader.com is not working. I don't know what's up, I'll talk to him and see what's going on.

QUOTE (adam_0 @ May 29 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It appears that nfreader.com is not working. I don't know what's up, I'll talk to him and see what's going on.

Still waiting with bated breath...

is there any other way... like a bittorent magnet link set up by someone who did manage to grab it from nfreader before it stopped working?

Working link.
Interestingly, that's actually the exact same site. nfreader.com and studio-16.net are the same. The server's up but for some reason the nfreader.com domain is down. Oh well.

This post has been edited by Rickton : 03 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for the link, Rickton. I'll have to remember that for the future 😉

EDIT: AHA! He's moved to nfreader.net, but there's no Xsera stuff there as far as I can see. Until I can contact him, we'll be working off the studio-16.net site.

This post has been edited by adam_0 : 04 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (adam_0 @ Jun 4 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AHA! He's moved to nfreader.net, but there's no Xsera stuff there as far as I can see. Until I can contact him, we'll be working off the studio-16.net site.

No, that's a different site. He's still got them both.

well whatever the situation, Huge Cheers guys!

It's downloading speedily as i write 🙂

Whoops! It's not working again!

Anything you guys can do? Take your time, don't delay Xsera on my account.