Game Ranger ??? do not work on 68K and I want to play multiplayer

I'm searching for an application that can do the same thing than game ranger and working on ARES .please contact me.

I have a Duo 280c, and have been playing Ares before it came out under Ambrosia. I have the same problem and have been restricted to LAN play, so let me know if you find anything.

If you don't find anything, I'll be available for network play in a couple of weeks. e-mail me and we'll play.

Hmm. You can do TCP, I would imagine, if you're really desperate, you can try meeting people on another service, such as ICQ, AIM, HL, or IRC and trading IP addy's. Not as good as GR, but better than nothing.

------------------
Pax
sagitar@earthlink.net

" They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

(This message has been edited by Pax (edited 01-16-2000).)

Ahh, finally some people who understand my plight!, I, too am plagued by a 68040. I've tried meeting ppl on AIM and HL to some extent, maybe someone should start a HL server for Ares games... as for anyone who wants to play me, I am almost always available! Feel free to mail me, and we'll set a time, or IM me:bvest2001 on AIM. As for all you 68040ers out there, try to convince gameranger.com to release a 68k version... hey, it could happen!

Brandon

Ahh, finally some people who understand my plight!, I, too am plagued by a 68040. I've tried meeting ppl on AIM and HL to some extent, maybe someone should start a HL server for Ares games... as for anyone who wants to play me, I am almost always available! Feel free to mail me, and we'll set a time, or IM me:bvest2001 on AIM. As for all you 68040ers out there, try to convince gameranger.com to release a 68k version... hey, it could happen!

Brandon

Don't bother trying, I played a net game on my 68k centris once with this other person who lives next door.

The game lagged like all hell, and we both had a 56k. I think you need a better computer to have a good game.

I had a Centris myself, it wasn't very good. I think it depends on the 68k machine. I've even played Ares over localtalk. It lagged, but it was still a lot of fun. My duo is much faster though, and I suspect that, with the right network settings, you could play just as fast as localtalk. Ares is surprisingly 68k compatible.

Perhaps we should all exchange ICQ and AIM #s, since I have no doubt that GR will NOT come out for the 68k.

AIM: ashaylor

I will make it my personal duty to make sure this thread is updated every once in a while for those new 68k Ares players out there.

This post has been edited by Aithon : 04 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

Epic bump, for great justice