missing Ares music

On the first page of the Ares Add-On files page, there's a couple of .sit files with all of the Ares music tracks in them... except "Yesterday (The Do-Do song)", which is the one with the choir as the main piece. (I was able to find the name using ResEdit and looking under the MADH resource.) Any way I can find this, somehow?

It's available (I have a copy, myself). Until a better solution is available, it's on my idisk.

Pallas Athene, on Sep 30 2004, 08:38 PM, said:

It's available (I have a copy, myself). Until a better solution is available, it's on my idisk.
View Post

Thanks. Now I can burn a complete Ares soundtrack.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity... how did you get it?

This post has been edited by Dark Laith : 01 October 2004 - 05:55 PM

When the music files were originally released, it was pointed out that Yesterday was missing (by Mag, if I remember correctly). Nathan put it up temporarily, but never uploaded it to the addons, so now it's just floating around.

Just a quick related question...did Nathan ever write any usage/distribution rights for this music? If it's freely distributable I could try finding a place to put them up.

And another thought, it'd be kind of interesting if someone could put together remixes for these...of course, I don't have such abilities, plus I'm not even sure we'd be allowed to.

Could host it on MacGamer.net if it doesn't violate distribution rights. Someone'd have to check on that.

Eh, idisks don't have metered bandwidth, so it might as well stay there. It would be better on Ambrosia's addons page, but it doesn't really make a difference which off-site site it's on.

Macgamer.net seems like more permanent hosting (unless it was uploaded to the add-on files, but the new system and the add-ons system are ...).

For some random reason I got inspired to drudge up the Ares music files, only to find out after my hard drive died a year ago, I didn't have them anymore. Is there still an online location that hosts the aforementioned "Yesterday" song, since all of the others still exist on the add-ons page?