Ares: Override released!

Multiplayer EVO in the Ares engine!

Some of you may remember the fabled plug-in for Ares baring such a name as Ares: Override. Well, after being suspended for a while because of the bug in Panther that breaks Ares, Ragashingo finished up the Ares: Override plugin enough for release, and we've made it available to the public. So go ahead and get it.

Excellent. Now, if only I didn't have Panther...

Sundered Angel, on Mar 16 2005, 05:50 PM, said:

Excellent. Now, if only I didn't have Panther...
View Post

If you can manage to get your hands on the update ASW is testing it is perfectly playable under 10.3. Really the only reason this was finished and released was because I could actually play it on my G4 iBook.

Hmm, that reminds me of something I should have stuck in the Readme. Be sure to up the memory allocation to Ares or very bad and strangely weird things will occur, and believe me I've seen them occur. I'm not actually sure how much it should be set to, but if you see errors about loading sprites first try turning up the memory!

Well, Ragashingo, I know you tried...

...but the thing still doesn't work. I start unstuffing it, and the thing corrupts on the Sound file, causing all of the other files to "instantly unstuff", preventing me from using the thing.

This is, as you can imagine, quite restrictive. If you could find a way to fix that, I would really appreciate it.

-Consul Bob

You wouldn't have happened to of downloaded the one from Ragashingo's .mac account? That one was compressed with the latest version of dropstuff so it would only unstuff correctly if you had version 9 of expander. I came to the conclusion that most people who are going to be playing this at the moment probably don't have the latest version of stuffit expander so I re-compressed it with an older version. Regardless, the file currently linked to on the download page works perfectly fine for me with stuffit 6.0.

666 posts, eh? Scary.

Anyway, Ragashingo created a second version that didn't work, either (unfortunately). I downloaded the one off of the site last night, however, and everything seems to be functioning. Now I just have to play it with somebody.

Thanks.

-Consul Bob

Heh, Ares Override, no problemo - I still run OS 9.2.2 natively on my PB, so i can run progs like this 😄 (I do have 10.3 as well of course!)

Nice Aresesque web site btw,
um, pity the download doesn't work: "The specified server could not be found" :unsure:

Ok, fixed that, the site is there, but the link is dodgy, downloading now.
Your cgi script isn't working.
If you delete the cgi bit in the link and thake the bit starting "http://homepage......" it works fine 😄 😄 - see you in battle on GR then!

Haven't played Ares in a while, been Homeworlding

Well, since can't think of anywhere else to put it, and I really want to play this mod: Pretty pretty please can I have the patch? Anyone! PLEASE?

(Oh sure, I have about 20 classic machines, but I want to play it on my G5...)