Ares update for Classic

test an update to ares under classic

Hello-
We have an update to Ares ready for testing.

This update should improve performance under Classic on OS X machines.

Anyone interested, please contact me at help@AmbrosiaSW.com

Note: This version is not OS X native, but should improve performance running in Classic on OS X

Hi, does this update affect anything other than the way the game runs in Classic under OS X? Considering I'm at school and don't have access to any machines with the Classic environment installed, I'd be perfectly willing to help (was actually playing a bit of Ares today) but can only do so on a pre-OS X machine.

I would be interested in testing it

I am running OS 9.2.2 natively
and OS 10.2.8 and OS 10.3.5
on my machines, so i could test it under various combinations. :unsure:

message sent 😄 :unsure:

Wow, look at the swarms of the die-hard ares fans working to make sure Ares runs under classic at least, so that people who get new machines don't leave it behind entirely. Is this the same group that was claiming there'd be incredible demand for an Ares sequel? 😕

Keep in mind that some fans did not feel the need to publicly post their acceptance of the challenge. An email was all that was asked for.

My email was ignored.

Darn - I hadn't seen this post - if it's still open I'd love to test it! (Maybe just a little late, eh?)

Ignorance is bliss.

I don't know about that. Whenever someone makes me feel ignorant, I'm anything but blissful about it.

Mr. Dunham, did you get my email?

Dang, didn't see this in time. Oh well, I could wait until it's released and then work on those plugs I promised a bit back which I was unable to start on since my comp with Ares was sent to a cold corner in storage.

You haven't missed anything, they haven't started the test yet.

Just misread a post then. Please let me get selected...