ARES FOR PC!

Hello Ambrosia... i am from Argentina, I am 15 and I love Ares and EV...

The only thing is that Macintosh is not well known here and I have a PC... I knew about EV and Ares because of a friend.. he has a Mac, and I love those games...

I installed a Mac emulator to play EV!!!! and it was almost imposible to register EV and Ares from here and every time I play appears Capitan Hector taking a lot of credits from my acounts :@

The worst thing is that I finished EV, EVO and EVN for windowss 😄 but I couldn't finish Ares.. I want it for WINDOWSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I would be Great if a version of ares could be released for WIndows...

😄

Sorry about my english.. One year more and I will be able to teach english here 😄

I WANT ARES FOR WIN NOW!!!! 😛

Goodbye ambrosia...
ChaoS 😄 (Christian)

------------------
I WANT ARES FOR PC!!!

Originally posted by ^ChaoS^:
**The worst thing is that I finished EV, EVO and EVN for windows but I couldn't finish Ares.. I want it for WINDOWS!

It would be Great if a version of ares could be released for WIndows...

Sorry about my english.. One year more and I will be able to teach english here 😄

I WANT ARES FOR WIN NOW!!!! 😛

Goodbye ambrosia...
ChaoS 😄 (Christian)

Sorry, but Ares is one of Ambrosia's dying games. With the switch of most people to OS X from OS 9, most people can't play Ares on macs anymore. Ambrosia is unlikely to update Ares for OS X, and if they aren't going to do that, they won't port it to windows. Plus, they can't port it to windows, because they don't know how to. EV Nova is a windows game because it sold well enough that a windows game company offered to port it for Ambrosia. I'd stick with the mac emulation.
Oh, and your English is pretty good by the way. You will definately be able to teach it in a year.

------------------
Play Marathon again! (url="http://"http://source.bungie.org/")Aleph One.(/url) Ask me if you have a question or need help.

Sorry, but Ares is one of Ambrosia's dying games.

More so with every day that passes. But at least we dont admit its dying. But still, the last post on the board was from a month ago...

------------------
Obstacles are those fruitful things you see if you take your eyes off the (url="http://"http://speculation_plug.home.insightbb.com/")goal(/url)

We'll see.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I just registered. Kicked the demo around for a long while, now its time to beat the game up some. Already on mission 15 and loving it.

I do wish they would port it to OSX, though, as booting up to OS9 cause classic = balls sucks

Desert Fox, on Sep 6 2004, 10:20 AM, said:

I do wish they would port it to OSX, though
View Post

That's the problem. Everyone does. Except for Ambrosia. :huh:

Sorry to point it out, but you've got a very skewed view of "everyone". I admit, 10, maybe 20 people have posted to the Briefing Room about it in recent times. But Ambrosia is a company that deals in tens of thousands, not tens. It's not sound business logic to say "well, the other 999 out of 1000 want it too."

-deleted in hopes nobody ever read it-

This post has been edited by Desert Fox : 11 September 2004 - 06:27 AM

Pallas Athene, on Sep 10 2004, 11:12 PM, said:

Sorry to point it out, but you've got a very skewed view of "everyone". I admit, 10, maybe 20 people have posted to the Briefing Room about it in recent times. But Ambrosia is a company that deals in tens of thousands, not tens. It's not sound business logic to say "well, the other 999 out of 1000 want it too."
View Post

Actually, if the other 999 would be playing Ares, they'd post something here. But it still takes months to see new posts here, so i guess they dont play it anymore. But the only thing that has happened is that you can't play it under MacOs X, thats why I think it should be ported. Seriously are you happy with the current situation?

This post has been edited by bmac : 11 September 2004 - 10:35 AM

I didn't say I'm happy with Ares's current state. I just don't expect Ambrosia to stick its neck out. Carbonizing Ares will not sell enough copies to reimburse them for the costs of it (never mind the legal issues involved).

Pallas Athene, on Sep 11 2004, 05:44 PM, said:

Carbonizing Ares will not sell enough copies to reimburse them for the costs of it (never mind the legal issues involved).
View Post

I didn't say it would. All I said that probably everyone still playing Ares wishes it would be ported.

Actually, if the other 999 would be playing Ares, they'd post something here. But it still takes months to see new posts here, so i guess they dont play it anymore. But the only thing that has happened is that you can't play it under MacOs X, thats why I think it should be ported. Seriously are you happy with the current situation?

Not nessesarily. I know that I only started posting on these boards after 5 YEARS of playing EV and ambrosia games. So your facts are somewhat flawed. Anyway, I wish that they would port it too, it would bring back a lot of people who used to play it I think.

EVWeb, on Sep 12 2004, 12:02 AM, said:

Not nessesarily. I know that I only started posting on these boards after 5 YEARS of playing EV and ambrosia games. So your facts are somewhat flawed. Anyway, I wish that they would port it too, it would bring back a lot of people who used to play it I think.
View Post

But you'll agree that more than the current (I dont know, maybe 10) people would be around here. And its just another example of people not being happy with the situation.

Here's an idea. Some people, like DF, are just now registering and playing the game. So what if you started a mass grass-roots campaign to get people playing Ares. Get enough of them, and ASW might find it worthwhile to make a carbon version, and possibly (but unlikely) a sequel. Start bringing Ares to the people that haven't played it before.

Hey, it worked for Farscape...

Avatara, on Sep 12 2004, 06:12 AM, said:

Here's an idea. Some people, like DF, are just now registering and playing the game. So what if you started a mass grass-roots campaign to get people playing Ares. Get enough of them, and ASW might find it worthwhile to make a carbon version, and possibly (but unlikely) a sequel. Start bringing Ares to the people that haven't played it before.

Hey, it worked for Farscape...
View Post

Isn't there some kind of message feature when you register it? So everybody shold write that they would like to see it carbonized

But that's the point. Ares came out 4 years ago? Few people are just now downloading it and playing it, so if nobody downloads the game, nobody will register, so nobody will be able to use that message feature, and thus Ambrosia thinks not enough people will care for it to be worthwhile.

Well, while I too would love to see Ares for Windows, I'd like to point out that it's a bit too much to ask in the way of feasibility. Apparently a lot of the graphics routines in Ares are written in 68K assembly. You'd either have to write emulation for that or recode those parts from scratch.

(Edit) Fixed typo. (/Edit)

This post has been edited by Firebird : 04 October 2004 - 04:26 PM