I can't get past level 5, any suggestions?

I can't seem to be able to get past level 5. I can't build as many ships as the Giotori and I'm not fast enough to do this. Help.

------------------
Peter

Read my post for The Lord (The level 5!)

------------------
A scar on your heart will never heal.

All right. I managed to finish mission 5. But is mission 6, in compasrison to levle 5, harder or easier than level 5?

------------------
Peter

Let's just say...

It's easier if you are um...let's say...in control of things. It's very, difficult if you mess up in the beginning.

------------------
"A life without danger is no life at all."
-Blood Eagle

All right, I managed to do it.

------------------
Peter

Good luck on level 15...

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

The secret to level 15, Joveia, is to let your HVD stay as far away from the station as possible. I checked in Hera. It had a Proximity condition. If your HVD gets near the station, the 3 carriers would appear. (And possibly assassinate your whole darn fleet.)

------------------
-Blood Eagle

Originally posted by Blood Eagle:
**The secret to level 15, Joveia, is to let your HVD stay as far away from the station as possible. I checked in Hera. It had a Proximity condition. If your HVD gets near the station, the 3 carriers would appear. (And possibly assassinate your whole darn fleet.)

I always call down the carriers for a challenge. Its just so easy otherwise to win by sending both the capships straight to the station, capturing it, and then seizing the planet with overwelming force.

------------------
Fear Me!
(AoEp)The lo : ar you on a clan? Col. Patrick : ya, eastlegion; hence the (EL) tag
(AoEp)The lo : can you wait a sec. please Col. Patrick : sure (AoEp)The lo : wich is your mag nick? Col. Patrick : Patrick (AoEp)The lo : are you the second of the ladder? Col. Patrick : yep Col. Patrick : thats me (AoEp)The lo : oh Col. Patrick : heh (AoEp)The lo : oh i can´t play with you cya!

My trick is not to use any fullerene pulses until you call in the bad guys. Then 2/3 of them will come, and 2 carriers ain't that hard.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Joveia (edited 06-09-2002).)

Bah! I was foolish. Silly me.

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 06-09-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 06-09-2002).)

Confidence and courage are the essentials of successful posting.

------------------

I was confident, and I suppose it could be described as "courageous," but it was still silly and doesn't fit, see. So there's more than just the essentials if one is to successfully post.

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

Confidence comes from not being right, but not fearing to be wrong.

------------------

<snickers to himself about the title> just kidding. the first time i played i couldnt beat level 3. :redface: so i got pissed and deleted it. i downloaded it again and am now a big fan.

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

Really!?!? :eek: :rolleyes:
Me, I was kinda stuck on Level 9 and 12 for quite a while.

------------------
-Blood Eagle

i smashed more keyboards that day....... i was so damn stupid :redface:. i was 12 at the time, and i couldnt figure out how to kill the carrier :redface:.

------------------

Heh, I just cheated after like, well, I think the first Sal mission. Maybe it more towards 13. I actually haven't beaten the game legit! Bwahahaha! Wow, that makes me weak. It's still a lot of fun though.
You know, I never knew about that whole HVD thing on 15. I'd always take the destroyer right up to the station and start hammering away. Of course it was when I wasn't cheating (using Elejee or Obain) that I found it challenging. Even using the Elejeetians it is a bit of a challenge if you call in all the carriers. I had no problems up to the Sal Spacelab level. Of course I always hated those Gaitori gunships...

------------------
"You will find that your device is highly non-functional...." - Bad Guy
(url="http://"http://www.shrout1.freewebsites.com")My Webpage!(/url)

I shredded the singleplayer in a single day 😛 Always thought Levels 13, 15 and 17 were easy unless you played 13 on a slow, laggy comp ala my 25Mhz LC III. IME toughest level was Hornet's Nest-still can take me two tries to beat it.

------------------
"It could be argued that MacOS X is less of an operating system and more of a screen saver (puts up pretty images for you to stare at while preventing you from actually getting work done)."
-mcb

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-16-2002).)

Originally posted by Patrick:
**I shredded the singleplayer in a single day:p Always thought Levels 13, 15 and 17 were easy unless you played 13 on a slow, laggy comp ala my 25Mhz LC III. IME toughest level was Hornet's Nest-still can take me two tries to beat it.

not all of us have that kind of time. 😛

------------------

Yeah, I stayed up a bit last night (started at like 11:00) and got to Shoplifter two by 1:00 AM, I guess I wasn't really focusing though, I watched some of a movie and took a shower. I'll keep at it today.

I think that if you know what you're doing, like not to send your HVD to the outpost, then things are a bit easier. And Hornet's nest is definetly a hard level. I'm not all that great at Ares, but I haven't had the time to get that great. I start my job next week too, so I don't think that there's much of a chance I'll do too much improving this summer. Still is a fun game. I'd say gameplay outweighs graphics in this one.

------------------
"You will find that your device is highly non-functional...." - Bad Guy
(url="http://"http://www.shrout1.freewebsites.com")My Webpage!(/url)