Col. Patrick: k
(AoEp)The lo: ar you on a clan?
Col. Patrick: ya, eastlegion
Col. Patrick: hence the (EL) tag 😛
(AoEp)The lo: can you wait a sec. please
Col. Patrick: sure
(AoEp)The lo: wich is your mag nick?
Col. Patrick: Patrick
(AoEp)The lo: are you the second of the ladder?
Col. Patrick: yep
Col. Patrick: thats me
(AoEp)The lo: oh
Col. Patrick: heh
(AoEp)The lo: oh i can´t play with you cya!

Col. Patrick: hehe the lord ran away when he realised i was #2 on mag hah
(TNT) Fyreph: I know - I told him 2
Col. Patrick: ^^ you dont want me getting points eh 😛
(TNT) Fyreph: uh huh
(TNT) Fyreph: and he's the only 1 who has losses so far
Col. Patrick: hah
Col. Patrick: actually ue admiral has a loss now too 😛
(TNT) Fyreph: I told him not 2 play a MaG game - damn him
Col. Patrick: hehe
(TNT) Fyreph: I'm gonna have 2 beat u soon
Col. Patrick: perhaps
(TNT) Fyreph: not 2day tho
Col. Patrick: 🙂

------------------
" 'Tis a dangerous thing to engage the authority of scripture in disputes about the natural world, in opposition to reason; lest time, which brings all things to light, should discover that to be evidently false which we had made scripture to assert....We are not to suppose that any truth concerning the natural world can be an enemy to religion; for truth cannot be an enemy to truth, God is not divided against himself" Thomas Burnett, 17th century clergyman and geologist.

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-06-2002).)

Patrick: The reason I couldn't play you is because I was meant to be doing research for my homework. Eastlegion watch out! TNT will blow you away.

------------------

Originally posted by fyrephin:
**Patrick: The reason I couldn't play you is because I was meant to be doing research for my homework. Eastlegion watch out! TNT will blow you away.

I didnt realise that hosting a separate game for an hour is research 😉 😛

------------------
" 'Tis a dangerous thing to engage the authority of scripture in disputes about the natural world, in opposition to reason; lest time, which brings all things to light, should discover that to be evidently false which we had made scripture to assert....We are not to suppose that any truth concerning the natural world can be an enemy to religion; for truth cannot be an enemy to truth, God is not divided against himself" Thomas Burnett, 17th century clergyman and geologist.

Hello, what do we have here?

Fyrephin! You surrendered for absolutely no reason!?! I was going to play you on GR, but you just made me scram!?

Oh well, I'm on TNT!

------------------
"A life without danger is no life at all."
-Blood Eagle

Hmm, with new people come old problems...

we used to have it where you lose points if you lose. I changed it since nobody wanted to ever play a game, especially against good people.

With the current scoring system, it's designed so if you lose, you won't lose any points. That is why it is stupid to decline a game from somebody just because they are good.

Then I go and weed out the games that were played constantly against the same newbie in a day (example: the lord) and make sure the ladder isn't abused. For the most part it works out.

TNT is giving magleague a lot of questionable practices to contend with...there are alot of unwritten, but universally followed rules that i don't want to have to rewrite into the rules page. TNT---follow these rules:

1- do not play the same person more than once in a day
2- one magleague game = 1 win
3- a magleague game is defined as a best out of three match
4- do not play your own clan members for a win, (example: toticool)
5- do not make accounts just so you can win against yourself
6- do not decline a game, you must play all challenges (you lose nothing if you lose anyways, so there shouldn't be a problem with that)

I really don't want to have to void out more games than i have to.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)
(*)(Leader of TĹG, Leader of Ares Empire, Magleague Ares Admin and guitar legend thoughout the sol system)

whud up patrick?

i'm looking into starting a summer tourniment for the ares ladder, but i haven't been able to reach mcborg, krule, or anybody else who manages magleague -- not even on magchat or hotline.

Have you seen anybody? if so talk to them about making a summer tourniment similar to the netmech tourniments.

I can send ya more info in an email or somethin if ya reach them.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)
(*)(Leader of TĹG, Leader of Ares Empire, Magleague Ares Admin and guitar legend thoughout the sol system)

Originally posted by Patrick:
I didnt realise that hosting a separate game for an hour is research 😉 😛
(/B)

That was in case any of my clan members got on and needed a ranking match - also so I could direct them to play other clan members. Anyway I can't be bothered to argue.
Oh I contacted the leader of The Ares Prophets and he said he doesn't care - delete his clan. I think it would be better if I got in touch w/ the other members though - they may still want to play.

Originally posted by Blood Eagle:
Fyrephin! You surrendered for absolutely no reason!?! I was going to play you on GR, but you just made me scram!?
(/B)

What?? I didn't get that at all - perhaps you'd like to email me (fyrephin@aol.com) and explain.

------------------
Leader of TNT

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**4- do not play your own clan members for a win, (example: toticool)
6- do not decline a game, you must play all challenges (you lose nothing if you lose anyways, so there shouldn't be a problem with that)

Aw rats, Patrick you can't play me to boost up our clan by 20 points/game. 😉

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**whud up patrick?

i'm looking into starting a summer tourniment for the ares ladder, but i haven't been able to reach mcborg, krule, or anybody else who manages magleague -- not even on magchat or hotline.

Have you seen anybody? if so talk to them about making a summer tourniment similar to the netmech tourniments.

I can send ya more info in an email or somethin if ya reach them.

Well I talked with GB yesterday on magchat and he said they wanted to do an ares tornament soon. I dunno why you didnt see a mag staff- they seem to always be on the magchat server at least. I'll talk with them about setting that up.

Another thing I wanted to ask you-is there another MaG admin interface besides /ares/stats/account.html ? I notice you were talking about editing the clans-was that just by fiddling with the clan that players are set to be in or is there a separate clan interface that I wasn't given?

Aw rats, Patrick you can't play me to boost up our clan by 20 points/game.

Darn 😉

------------------
Fear Me!
(AoEp)The lo : ar you on a clan? Col. Patrick : ya, eastlegion; hence the (EL) tag
(AoEp)The lo : can you wait a sec. please Col. Patrick : sure (AoEp)The lo : wich is your mag nick? Col. Patrick : Patrick (AoEp)The lo : are you the second of the ladder? Col. Patrick : yep Col. Patrick : thats me (AoEp)The lo : oh Col. Patrick : heh (AoEp)The lo : oh i can´t play with you cya!

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-07-2002).)

TNT announcement - Toticool and Lord have been kicked. Lord is now a member of EL. Admiral is the new clan champion.

------------------
Leader of TNT

Originally posted by fyrephin:
**Lord is now a member of EL.

Uh...what? How did that happen and why doesn't the "modify your clan" page load?

------------------

(This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 06-08-2002).)

Amazing, truly spectacular.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Originally posted by Avatara:
**Uh...what? How did that happen and why doesn't the "modify your clan" page load?

I let him in(he DOES have the 3rd best score out of el). of course, if it screwed up the modify page( :eek: ) or you guys dont want him in i suppose I'll kick him out again heh.

------------------
Fear Me!
(AoEp)The lo : ar you on a clan? Col. Patrick : ya, eastlegion; hence the (EL) tag
(AoEp)The lo : can you wait a sec. please Col. Patrick : sure (AoEp)The lo : wich is your mag nick? Col. Patrick : Patrick (AoEp)The lo : are you the second of the ladder? Col. Patrick : yep Col. Patrick : thats me (AoEp)The lo : oh Col. Patrick : heh (AoEp)The lo : oh i can´t play with you cya!

removed lord from EL-does the page work now?

------------------
Fear Me!

U.E. Admiral: ya.
Col. Patrick: hi
Col. Patrick: 🙂
U.E. Admiral: sry i cant play a mag game with you.
U.E. Admiral: by orders of the marshal
Col. Patrick: lol

------------------
Fear Me!

I don't remember you as being that good in Ares patrick. Hmm...

------------------

Originally posted by Joveia:
**I don't remember you as being that good in Ares patrick. Hmm...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall correctly we've only played once under a very laggy custom scenario(ANSR+ I believe)...

------------------
Fear Me!

All games I play are laggy. Um, hmm... Perhaps.

------------------

Originally posted by Patrick:
**I let him in(he DOES have the 3rd best score out of el). of course, if it screwed up the modify page(:eek: ) or you guys dont want him in i suppose I'll kick him out again heh.

Its okay, its just it would have been nice to know about it beforehand. 😉

And no, the "modify your clan" still doesn't work. If its any help, I can see a visible </td> after my record.

(edit)The page that loads when I click it just says "Sorry, an unknown error occured."(/edit)

------------------

(This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 06-09-2002).)

Originally posted by Avatara:
**Its okay, its just it would have been nice to know about it beforehand.;)

And no, the "modify your clan" still doesn't work. If its any help, I can see a visible </td> after my record.

(edit)The page that loads when I click it just says "Sorry, an unknown error occured."(/edit)

I don't know why its doing that. I did post this issue on the (url="http://"http://www.magleague.com/cgi-bin/yabb//YaBB.pl?board=help;action=display;num=1023663042")MaG help board(/url) so maybe I'll get a reply there.

------------------
MaGLeague Ares Admin ( (url="http://"http://www.magleague.net")www.magleague.net(/url) )
#2 on the MaG Ladder