Scenario Opinions

i was thinking how interesting it would be to know opinions of different scenarios for Ares. state what you think of ones that you've played. of the many ive played i like Footsteps of Pyrrhus the best. its so well done.

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

IMO, the best Ares scenarios are: Footsteps of Pyrrhus, Iron Fist and the updated Black Seas.
(EDIT: Oh yeah, the Rouge is pretty good too)
------------------
"It could be argued that MacOS X is less of an operating system and more of a screen saver (puts up pretty images for you to stare at while preventing you from actually getting work done)."
-mcb

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-12-2002).)

this board isnt very active is it? i have those plugs too. they are great. i like Black Seas because of the EV referance. but i rarely play it. and who said that The Stars Are Fire was a hard scen?

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

Footsteps of Pyrrhus, hands down. It's the best plug-in I've ever played.

------------------
"A life without danger is no life at all."
-Blood Eagle

I thought Footsteps was an excellent plugin. The first 'professionally' done, if you will, Ares half-TC half-plug.

I also liked my own plugins, Ishiman and Earth Quest Resubmitted, because even though they were only previews, they're nice and enjoyable and not at all bad to play either.

My favourite multiplayer plugin is SETR multiplayer lite. It's mixture of new ships is rather enjoyable, and unlike a vast sleuth of normal plugins we see, the ship's are well-balanced and exceptionally fun to use.

------------------
Everything can be expressed in 2. 2+2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

This is what happens when you use 2 different accounts simulaneously.. tut tut...

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Hmmmmm. I forget the name. One of the early releases, it might have been a teaser plug (for something which was never actually released)... now, what was it....

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Ishiman Quest, no doubt.

------------------

Speaking of EV, didn't one of these scenarios use the sprite for the Thargonian ship from EV Game Expander?

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

I woud have no idea.

But don't put me down for it.

------------------

Footsteps of Pyrrhus is defanently the best.
I would put The Stars Are Fire next but can i vote for my own senario?

------------------
"...In the future, new tyrannies will arise. Wars will happen again. There will never be eternal peace as long as the human race endures."

Sure, if you think it's that good.

------------------