Finally uploaded my screensavers!

I have finally gotten my screensaver picts to the addons page. They are a compilation of the many briefing picts given during the course of the game, plus a few bonus ones I coaxed out with ResEdit (beavers in space suits....). No original artwork, but still really neato (I think)

Well, It's on to EVN then!

------------------
"You will find that your device is highly non-functional...." - Bad Guy

Cool, i like it.

It probably be better if you added some pics with all the fighters and all the crusiers etc.... 🙂

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to do it in the beginning, but I just started out doing it by race - good or bad. You will find the Ishimans, Obiards, and Elejee on one, while on another you will find the Cantharans and the Salrillians. I tried to dig up all the picts I could find, scrounged around a bit with ResEdit. Do you like the full shot of the Ishiman?

------------------

Yah.... interesting.....

Mabey you could make a set like one for EV classic and one for EVN etc....

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

I threw these together over Christmas break, and I worked a bit on a plug. If time-constraints loosen then I think I will do something like this for EVN - although there are a lot of ships to work with! I did something for EV where I took a screenshot of every class of ship I disabled - added to it periodically. I had quite a bunch. Then I replaced it with these and now I simply use the clock. I think maybe I should throw these back into the mix with some EVN shots - it'd look cool.

------------------

It ..... um....... watsamathingy.......... nice topic...... sorry ran out of things to say............ ive got lotsa home work..... somthing like the ares screen saver thingy for EVN i would down load when i see it, that would be v.good thing to make.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Just started to work on them last night. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll have them.

------------------

Who was that? SweetNadas1 posts were deleted quick..!!

I haven't used screensavers much but having cool pics of your games flashing on the screen is rather cool (! over used word !).

rather a two man topic.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

(This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-27-2002).)

Yeah, this is a two man topic, but it's still fun. There wasn't a huge amount to work with in Ares, not to say it wasn't cool, because I think that Ares is an awesome game, but the briefing pics are the best graphics in the game. EVN has quite a bit, many many ships to take pictures of, and plenty of outfits after that. I've taken pictures of almost all the Fed ships, a bunch of pirate ships, most Polaris ships (still need the Raven and Zephyr), all the Rebel ships, and most of the non-affiliated ones too. I just need pics of the Aurorans now, and then a way to organize all of it. I was thinking by government first, then I could do some screens that were all the modifiactions of one class. I could maybe do a screen that has all the small ship pics on it, although I wonder if they'd all fit. Well, I think I'll go work on that!

------------------

how are the screen savers going? and where will you put them?
Can you pleese keep this topic updated with any info or probs, i might be able to help with some of them.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Well, I haven't done any work on them sinc the last time I posted. I had a rough time over the past few days. I just learned that one of my best friends has lukemia. So I've been a little distraught. I've been on the boards to keep my mind off of things, but I haven't thought much about the screensavers. I'll try to work on them tomorrow. When I'm done I will upload them to the EVN addons page, seeing as that is exactly where they belong. I tried to zip them and bring them up to my computer, but the image quality os degraded so much that it isn't worth it, so I'm stuck vying for time on this machine. As for my friend, I found out today that he has the best kind of lukemia to have if you have to have it, and that 82% of people his age that have this variant are all cured successfully. So I bought him (and me) a copy of The Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide To the Galaxy (the one with all the books in it). He's never read it before, but I know he'll love it, and I'll give it to him either this Thursday, or sometime next week. I'm going to be gone this weekend, so I'll make no headway, but I will try and release a bunch of them by, oh, say, mid next week. I think I will be able to do that.

Now, some questions for all youz interested in this:

How should I organize the ships, here were my thoughts, add on please.

Screens with one race's ships

Screens with variants of ship types

Screens with classes of ships, maybe fighters, cargo ships, etc.

I am planning on doing outfits soon enough too.

I will have a shot of the title screen I think, and then also the Nova Symbol.

Give me your thoughts!!!

------------------

Ok heres some sugestions:

having a time line of ships oldest to newest ships to be made.

A list of named ships

cavilian ships and Military ships

some good quotes or paragraphs from the preambles.

the begining intro when you start a new pilot.

Thats all i can think of at the moment but im still thinking.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Yeah, a list of those ships could be cool, I need to find some small icons - probably small shipyard size would be fine. The intro screen idea is pretty cool, I think I'll try to do that. I still haven't touched this yet, and I'm not going to be able to until Sunday. I got back from seeing my friend at 11:00, it is now 11:50, and tomorrow I leave at 2:00 to go for the weekend. I get back Sunday-ish, so I should be able to toss a few minutes in on it then, and then maybe release the shots in packets, feds, civillians, etc, etc. I think I might nail pirate ships first.

------------------

Hope your friend gets better soon.

Sats are starting next tuesday and all my teachers are trying to outdo the each other in amounts of homework :eek: had to put the VI2 programing on hold, i dont think i can do my homework and program 15 A4 pages of ship stats into hera in the same night.

"Pirate ships look and are the best"says pirate capitain 9024 piloting his unrelenting through unprotesting fed fleets.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Sorry it took me 18 days to get back to this... but I'm here.

I want to do this, and I've been meaning to, but life has really gotten in the way. 2 weeks ago I broke my ankle, not fun, and that put me down for a while. I am also not doing so great academically, and so I have to really put my weight into it in these last days in order to pass a couple of my classes... Not good. However, I want to do this, I think it would be neat, and I think it would be fun.

I will work on Pirate ships first thing, and I will release them at a seperate locale (unfortunately in .gif or .jpg) and tell you, and only you, the address first. If you don't have a current E-mail with your name (above your posts) then put one down.

Now, some questions for the big dogs...

I have been trying to do this through photoshop - it lets me use more of the screen than Clarisworks and therefore I can take a full screen screenshot, and not be limited to an 8.5 x 11 area. However, I cannot figure out a way to get the pict info to do anything. I paste in the shot of a ship. It sits in the middle. I go to lasso it, I can't. What I would most like is to be able to define the picts as objects, as they are automatically treated within a Clarisworks Drawing, however I don't know how. If anyone could help me, that'd be great!

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.shrout1.freewebsites.com")My Webpage!(/url)

This is a very strange thing to be so passionate over.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Awwwww... Is Joveia jealous? Does he want to know the url too? Awwww.....

Hehehehe <snicker> - I will never tell!

And I'm only "passionate" because I've been wanting to get this done for some time. Now I'm sure that you know some answers - c'mon! Help me out here!

------------------

My email address is KieranRumball@hotmail.com

I have no idea how to get the photo shop thing to work, never used it actualy otherwise I would be making this myself. 🙂

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

All right, I'll go post in the 'Just Tech' forum. Hopefully they can help me there.

------------------