I need a new preferences file

My hard drive died, right when I was on level 13 of Ares. Is anyone else around taht level and would eb willing to email me their preferences file to me? Thanks!

------------------
Check out my website: (url="http://"http://www.light.aftran.com")light.aftran.com(/url) for Orthographic Universe, MacBrickout levels, and much more!
"The box said Windows 95 or better, so I bought a mac."

Using another person's preferences file gains them access to a fully registered copy of Ares, assuming they have registered it. I don't mean to throw doubt on your motives but... actually yes I do intend to do that. Why on earth don't you just play the levels again?

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

I can imagine wanting to accelerate my keyboard right through the screen if my hard drive died, but....yeah, surely it can't be too hard to just re-do the levels you've already done.

Actually, if cat99 was able to get to level 13 then he must already have a registered version of ares. Sorry I can't help you with getting to level 13. You could, if you wanted to (and were willing to cheat) get Ares 1.1.0; it has cheats, and use it to get to level 13. You could then scrap it and download 1.2.0 and when you ran the game it would find the old preference file and use it as its own.

------------------
Shrout1

Originally posted by Shrout1:
**Actually, if cat99 was able to get to level 13 then he must already have a registered version of ares

Think about it...

------------------

Unless he was to use Hera or had ripped off someone else's password (in which case he would hopefully remember it) I don't see how he could have done it. And does Hera even work without a password? Of course he could just be taking us for one.
Sorry cat99 if we are making you look like satan or anything, we're just discussing the finer points of hacking Ares and Joveia is trying to get his karma up :D.

------------------
Shrout1

(This message has been edited by Shrout1 (edited 12-08-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Shrout1 (edited 12-09-2001).)

Originally posted by Shrout1:
**Unless he was to use Hera or had ripped off someone else's password (in which case he would hopefully remember it) I don't see how he could have done it. And does Hera even work without a password? Of course he just be taking us for one.

If I wanted to rip a pref file off someone, would I, actually say 'ok guys, here I am without my prefs. I got up to level 5, but couldn't go any further for some reason.? Now please hand over the prefs? No.

Also Shrout1, if I wanted my karma at 4, then it would be at 4. I think I need to establish that, my thoughts and motives are in no way clear to you.

------------------

Okay, oaky, I'll redo the levels. It's just that there's one particular level that drove me crazy I'm going to get through somehow. And no, I would not think of not paying for Ares. I got it for $10 during Ambrosia's shareware Amnesty week. I hope they do that again 😄

I didn't realize that all the registration info is included in the preferences file––I thought htere would be some invisible file so you couldn't give someone your pref file to have acess to all 20 levels.

------------------
Check out my website: (url="http://"http://www.light.aftran.com")light.aftran.com(/url) for Orthographic Universe, MacBrickout levels, and much more!
"The box said Windows 95 or better, so I bought a mac."

Sorry I can't be of more help cat99 and sorry Joveia, I am not trying to make you angry. I heard of some kind of a little skirmish occuring between you and someone else and some problems about Karma, but I don't want to bother you. Sorry if I said anything offensive.

------------------
Shrout1

(This message has been edited by Shrout1 (edited 12-09-2001).)

It's not your fault Shrout1. Occasionally I just pick people to flame.

------------------

Well actually the registration info is not stored in "Ares Preferences", but rather in "Ares License".

But anyways, why don't you just play the first 13 levels again? They really don't take much time at all to complete, as they are quite easy...

(This message has been edited by Admiral Dennis (edited 12-20-2001).)

...and anyways the Ares Preferences are so easy to hack, no wonder it's #1 (bad AOL Parody). I was just bored a few mintues ago and I managed to hack the level you are on and your Net Stats in less than 10 minutes. heh.... maybe i'll write an app....

------------------
-Admiral Dennis

(This message has been edited by Admiral Dennis (edited 12-26-2001).)

That's what Slug did with his 'Secret levels'. Quite ingenious.

Also, you're earlier post was correct, it's the Ares license which carries the registration.

------------------