Hopless downloads!

When I download "Hopless Cause" I get a very un-Ares like simple text file called .1 which contains no text. Is it just me, or is everybody getting this?!

Oh, and Battlefield doesn't unstuff at all, generating a -39 error as it attempts to do so.

Anyone got a fix for these...?

Other scenario downloads woek ok.

LCA

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

I'll check it out.

------------------

Huh, yeah, you're absolutely right.

I actually have a working copy of battlefields on my HD, but....well, it corrupts itself when I upload it.

And as for hopeless cause, .1 is all there is.

Strange how a file that's corrupt can still have a reasonably high score....hrm.

Ah Yes. So it isn't just me then.
Do your Moderatorships (careful bow here) consider that these non-operational scenarios might be worthy of er, removal from the scenario list then....?!

------------------

I deleted them yesterday....and as usual, I don't think the authors left their e-mails, so don't expect a working version of either of them any time soon.

Once again, wishes there were enough plug-ins to institute a vetting system

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Hell, I'm just glad the file descriptions are working again.

Agreed. Files without descriptions were nightmarish.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

On the same topic, SETR multiplayer unstuffs as corrupted. Laguna, could you upload your uncorrupted copy (I'm assuming you downloaded SETR like a good little boy :))

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

It so does not corrupt, Jov.

And it's 2.9mb or something, my modem nearly melted!

What is it you say at times like this, kni? Or knee? I don't know.

"It should work"..., but it doesn't! Downloading hopless cause (mk 2) is still, well hopless it would appear. This one produces a zero K empty page....

Any advances on that ?!

------------------

Whoever submitted it needs a good hiding. Meanwhile, I'll remove it, but I'm willing to bet it's faulty because it isn't a .sit file.

Hmmm,
Posted by plug-in developers who can't read, perhaps... 😄

------------------

Right, whoever made it just submitted another version t. And, it's not even a valid mac file this time, so it's anyone's guess as to what the heck I'm supposed to do with it.