Help on Ares level

Does anyone know a shurefire way to win Yo,ho,ho?
I've won Ares twice but i only got past Yo,ho,ho once in a thousend times and with luck at my back. I've tried some methods that some of the downloaded stratagy guides but none realy worked.

------------------
He is no fool who gives what he can't keep, to gain what he can't lose.

Take out the Gaitori without taking a lot of damage. Then focus all of your firepower on the carrier. That's how I do it.

------------------
9/11/01...
The saddest day in American history...
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/brookeview2/")Earth's Journey v2.0 screen shots(/url)

i can beat it only getting it by that godforsaken trazer, so im left with like 98% health 😄

------------------
Newbie bashing = Tactical destruction of possible future threats = NATO
So why cant i do it?

The Bolt Rod is only serious threat on that level; bolt rod needs to be eliminated first.

Use your cruisers to provide distracting fire, by targeting them to the carrier or to you. In that direction, your missiles will also help.
Once you have unloaded enough Fullerene pulses into the carrier, it will be no longer. Then you may mop up the rest of the Salrilians easily.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Mike's Keys to the Game (for Yo, ho, ho!):

1. Center yourself on the jumpgate to get optimal firing position on the gunship that jumps in. If you're lined up properly with the Gaitori gunship, you'll be able to blast it before it gets the atomic pulse fired.

2. Eliminate the Gaitori quickly and with minimal damage - you need the time and the shielding.

3. Collect the escape pods as quickly as possible so that the liner doesn't drift too far from the gate.

4. Place yourself between the gate and the liner, because the Salrilian carrier can head for either, and you need the initiative when attacking (if you let the liner drift too far, your response time will be longer, bringing down your effectiveness).

5. As soon as you can figure our where the Carrier is headed, go there, and get those fullerene pulses streaming into its hull. You should be able to eliminate it and have around half shields remaining.

6. Get the cruisers with you, and mop up the remaining Salrilians. Efficiency is key - a single Salrilian ship can easily destroy the tug or the liner.

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)

Whatever strategy you use stat at the edge of the lepton beam's range and fire c missiles. The missiles distract the T-bolt long enough for you to destroy the carrier.

------------------
-Admiral Slathkill II
We do not know what lies around the next bend on the information superhighway. All we know for certain is that when we finally get there, we won't have enough RAM.

Originally posted by Firebird:
**Mike's Keys to the Game (for Yo, ho, ho!):

1. Center yourself on the jumpgate to get optimal firing position on the gunship that jumps in. If you're lined up properly with the Gaitori gunship, you'll be able to blast it before it gets the atomic pulse fired.

2. Eliminate the Gaitori quickly and with minimal damage - you need the time and the shielding.

3. Collect the escape pods as quickly as possible so that the liner doesn't drift too far from the gate.

4. Place yourself between the gate and the liner, because the Salrilian carrier can head for either, and you need the initiative when attacking (if you let the liner drift too far, your response time will be longer, bringing down your effectiveness).

5. As soon as you can figure our where the Carrier is headed, go there, and get those fullerene pulses streaming into its hull. You should be able to eliminate it and have around half shields remaining.

6. Get the cruisers with you, and mop up the remaining Salrilians. Efficiency is key - a single Salrilian ship can easily destroy the tug or the liner.

Hey finaly i can win it on my first try!

What i did was folow your instructions to number 4, then i did a little diffrent variation. I got between the liner and the jumpgate then warped right behind the carrier, followed it realy close and cut the warp at the same time as the carrier and opened up all weapons into the carriers behind.

------------------
He is no fool who gives what he can't keep, to gain what he can't lose.

Originally posted by Skyfox:
**Does anyone know a shurefire way to win Yo,ho,ho?
I've won Ares twice but i only got past Yo,ho,ho once in a thousend times and with luck at my back. I've tried some methods that some of the downloaded stratagy guides but none realy worked.

did you try Jimmy's?

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7