Mascot Bug

Hi! I'm starting my second level and I have a major problem. I try using the "rock" fg tile and in some places it just doesn't show up. All the other fg tiles show up. What is my problem??? I finished my second level before but it was so stupid I deleted it. The last time I played that level there was white tiles everywhere in most but not all places. When I finished my first level and you start the second level I see some white tiles to start with. How can I fix it??? I'm sorry if you may find this hard to understand. Thanks, Beatrix

------------------

I'm not sure tha I understand exactly what is the problem Beatrix, but if you'd like to email the level to me I'd be glad to see if I can sort it out for you. email liz@toolan.com.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

OK, thanks, I just emailed the world data file to you. If you try using the last "rock" fg tile in some places around the start you'll see nothing shows- at least, nothing showed for me.

------------------

If you open Ferazel's Wand Backgrounds in ResEdit you will see that the pict of the background you have chosen does not fill the whole space and there is a large white border at two sides. This is what you are seeing in the editor. If you fill in a whole screen you will find you have a crosshatch pattern.

There are two possible remedies. The first, and simplest is to change your "FG Pattern res ID" in "World">"Edit Level info" to another pattern. It is set to 509 at the moment but there isn't an exactly similar pattern. I would suggest the 506 is probably the nearest. The alternative is to arrange your level round the pattern but that takes time and presupposes you want a squared level.

The only other thing you might do is to enlarge the pict to fit the whole square but that would mean you would have to send a patch out with your levels - If you are going to publish them (I hope you are).

Hope this helps

------------------
Liz the Wiz 🙂

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

(This message has been edited by lizwiz (edited 12-04-2001).)

Thanks,liz. I'll change the fg pattern res id to 506. And yes, my world will be released.

------------------

Nobody ever gives me a chance to say "Dr Tall swoops to the rescue" anymore :frown:

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better
(url="http://"http://drtalll.tripod.com")Dr Tall Land(/url)

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**Nobody ever gives me a chance to say "Dr Tall swoops to the rescue" anymore:frown:

Yeah, I know. Whenever someone needs help, Lizwiz always helps them. :frown:

------------------
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"

• Dr. Strangelove
    "For as long as I can remember, I've had memories."
  • Colin Mochrie, Who's Line is it Anyway?

Perhaps I better not bother anymore if it upsets you.

------------------

Don't worry Liz. They make the same complaint about me on the regular Ferazel Board.

Fortunately I know NOTHING about Mascot, so my responses here are limited to Beta Testing offers, and even then I try to let others get in first.

I usually try and wait before answering, to give others a chance to respond, but when no one has replied after a bit, I figure whoever posted is waiting for an answer and I feel obligated to reply. Can't win!

------------------
It is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. (I wish I could remember this before posting!)

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Don't worry Liz.

Thanks Monster Lady. I'm not really worried! If people don't want my help they don't have to have it. I like to help if I can, but unwanted help is merely interference, and I have no wish to interfere.

------------------

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**Perhaps I better not bother anymore if it upsets you.

We were only kidding! 😄

------------------
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"

• Dr. Strangelove
    "For as long as I can remember, I've had memories."
  • Colin Mochrie, Who's Line is it Anyway?