Jimmy Page Says goodbye on 8/29

well on 8/29, my internet is not going to work anymore, so i'm probably not going to be on here. Well it was fun though, did alot of cool things with ares, and had fun with the game. Just because i'm gone, doesn't mean magleague will be gone though. Mcborg will take over the rest for me while i'm gone. Everybody who hasn't read my strategy guide should go do it, since it's the first time i've ever actually told people how to play the game my way. However, some other people have always played like "my way" as well..

Ares was definately a fun game and i enjoyed playing it. All the "old school" ares players have been great. We kept the land of the lost constantly filled with ares banter. All those who are just joining ares and reading this, keep playing, it's worth it. I hope to possibly get my internet back, but i'm not that motivated anyways, i got alot of stuff going on this year, and i wan't to actually get a name going for my band i'm in. Hey slug, when i'm gone your in charge of TAG, so start playing some mag games. If anybody trys to take back my #1 spot i'll have to deal some smack when i get back. (if ever)
Oh well i'm leavin here in a couple days, but always remember me as the mad weed smoking, crazy guitar playing ares guy!

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)
(*)(1st Class Zacha Admiral and guitar legend throughout the sol system.)

couldn't you just get one of those crappy free providers? (like a diff one then the one your on).
Failing that, sorry to see you go. We lose one of the best i guess...

------------------
Newbie bashing = Tactical destruction of possible future threats = NATO
So why cant i do it?

lol nah i'm already using a free isp. apparently free isp's don't make too much money so they are forced to discontinue their services.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

wow does anybody even read any of the topics in the ares briefing room anymore?

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

No, what made you think that?

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.

I don't 😄 (in case nobody got the joke I DO read the breifing room)

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

You don't? But you just said... oh I get it! Very clever and very funny.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

...yet it isn't.

And in the same category, if no one's noticed, I'm back.

I assume that no one's willing to pay for an ISP that costs money? That's a pain, people really should stay connected to the internet in my opinion.
Ah well, you'll always be tucked in the back of the corner, ready to be dusted out with a proper ISP 😉

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

Well, we'll miss you. Hopefully ther'll be a way to get hooked up to the net in the near future- prices are coming down, technology going up, etc. Until then, keep well. And whatever you do, don't sell any of your socks. You'll be sure to end up with odd pairs.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

sorry to see you leave jimmy but I want to tell you that I have my own strategy for Ares just like you only my is not the same I think well at least I don't think so cause I never read that Jimmy Page theory guide yet well I hope to play one more game of Ares against you cya around

------------------
Capt_Ginew

Well it's 8/29 and i'm outta here.

lol check out my post in the slug sucks topic or whatever, it's probably the first time i've ever actually spent the time to rail on somebody on this webboard..heh it was worth the time...

I know i'm too cheap to pay for the internet, but hell payin 10 bucks a month just to go on GR and talk to friends who i can just call on the phone isn't really worth it. Plus i don't have that much money to spend each month considering i'm already paying 10 bucks a month for the digital anologue synthesiser i bought for my guitar... oh well

i had fun, and maybe i'll check in with ya guys on a diff computer or something just to make sure the webboards are still goin..

lata yo

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**Well it's 8/29 and i'm outta here.

lol check out my post in the slug sucks topic or whatever, it's probably the first time i've ever actually spent the time to rail on somebody on this webboard..heh it was worth the time...

I know i'm too cheap to pay for the internet, but hell payin 10 bucks a month just to go on GR and talk to friends who i can just call on the phone isn't really worth it.

Well, goodbye then! Although I think its really difficult to call me on the phone when you lack my phone number... 😉

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Well, now that he's gone...
No, I'm not going to say something bad about him!

I was going to say, give him a Karma point, just for sticking around as long as he could. And as a "suprise" for when he gets back.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

It has been our experience over the last 5 years that admins come and go. But our committment to the players and the game always stays strong!

Sorry to see you go Jimmy! Your 14.4 modem was a challenge in mech <lol>

Magleague.com is now looking for a great admin to replace Jimmy that loves Ares. Usually Jimmy, if you respect the game and the players, you leave things better than you find them.

Salute from all of us on mag for making Ares a ladder! We all wish you had done more.

Respectfully,
Greybeard

PS The Ares ladder can now be played from magchat, which supports clans, instant ladder scoring and player listings (top players). dl osx, ppc, or 68k clients: (url="http://"http://65.2.159.232")http://65.2.159.232(/url)

------------------