Who would win? #2

The Carrier. Its fighters would bounce the gunship around enough to get it with the missiles.

------------------
Creator of the great new plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars". Have a nice day.

1 Audemedon Gunship vs Eleejeetian Cruiser
2 Bazidanese Battleship vs Audemedon Carrier
3 Human Cruiser vs Gaitori Cruiser
4 Ishiman fighter vs Astrominer
5 Gaitori fighter vs Ishiman fighter

With AI pilots:
1. Audemedon Gunship - the AI El. Cruiser wouldn't have the right tactics. Heavier shields win out.
2. If the AI never stopped firing the R-Plasmas, the Bazidanese would win - if the AI was stupid and paused the firing, the Aud Carrier would win
3. Human cruiser
4. Hmmm.... Astrominer, probably - the AI is fairly good with it.
5. Ish fighter. Only 2 beams kill a Gaitori fighter; the Ish fighter has better shielding and would probably destroy the Gaitori fighter before the reverse could happen.

With skilled human pilots:
1. The Elejeetan cruiser; any good pilot can take advantage of its unsurpassed maneuverability.
2. Bazidanese Battleship. Remember folks, the Aud Carrier has to TAKE TIME to launch its fighters. They don't come pre-launched. With that in mind, the B.B. wins. If the two biggies get in close proximity to one another, they'll bump and the B.B. will eventually get back out of the Trazer's range.
3. Human Cruiser.
4. Ishiman Fighter. Any human pilot can easily avoid the clumsy Astrominer's pulses.
5. Ishiman Fighter.

------------------
—Joolzman5, that guy with the spikey red hair.
Those who say money is the root of all evil don't have any.
“That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass — and I’m just the one to do it.”

(This message has been edited by Joolzman5 (edited 08-02-2001).)

Salrilian gunship vs Aud cruiser.

------------------
---------------
"I am funny, it's just that everyone else has a sense of humour."

With human pilots, probably the gunship. With AI, definitely the cruiser.

(Although I've often complained about the hologram: If the AI can be fooled into thinking things are there when they aren't, how come they can't be fooled into thinking that things aren't there when they are (Hologram vs. Cloaking))

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

The gunship is fairly maneuverable, and if only the AI was fooled by cloaking the gunship would surely win.

------------------
'Is that what I think it is?'
'What?'
'A big orange swirly thing in space!'

• Red Dwarf

Human fighter vs Gaitori fighter

Now it's even!

(Salrilian gunship anyday)

The Aud Cruiser would win, I think - the greater maneuverability, hologram, and powerful weapons win out.

Alemein - the Gaitori Fighter. Its beam is a lot more rapid-fire.

------------------
“That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass — and I’m just the one to do it.”

And the human fighter has the maneuverability of a carrier. There is no way a human fighter could win.

------------------
Creator of the soon to be submitted plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars".

Originally posted by brookeview:
**And the human fighter has the maneuverability of a carrier. There is no way a human fighter could win.

Nah, I think the UNS Fighter and the Gaitori Fighter have the same maneuverability. The Gaitori Fighter might have a better turn rate, though...

------------------

Yeah. I sinply do not believe how crappy the human tighters are. Now, if you took that laser, and raplaced it with a non-rapid magneto, you'd have a heavy fighter with too little shields and maneuverability, but it would by one heck of an improvement! goes and tests

------------------
'What?'

• Red Dwarf

Originally posted by Talon Karrde:
**Yeah. I sinply do not believe how crappy the human tighters are. Now, if you took that laser, and raplaced it with a non-rapid magneto, you'd have a heavy fighter with too little shields and maneuverability, but it would by one heck of an improvement! goes and tests

Hmmmm..... of course that would be contrary to the general spirit of fighters in Ares.

But fine! Be a rebel if you want. 😉

------------------

The Gaitori Fighter has a thrust value of .097 the human fighter has .039. That makes a world of difference.

------------------
Creator of the great new plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars". And hopefully a member of the Ares Extended Team.

Originally posted by brookeview:
**The Gaitori Fighter has a thrust value of .097 the human fighter has .039. That makes a world of difference.

True...
But I was too lazy to look it up myself. 😛

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by Joolzman5:
**Hmmmm..... of course that would be contrary to the general spirit of fighters in Ares.

But fine! Be a rebel if you want. 🙂

------------------
'What?'

• Red Dwarf