Levels/Ships

Howdy fellas, I was just wondering about some things, and wracked with indecision, I've decided to take it to the people.

What sort of levels do you want? Detail your dream level/what you think would be really good in a plug.

What sort of ship classes do you want? Paper/Scissors/Rock/Big ships conquer all/lots of evenly priced ships.

What sort of killing times do you want? Lots of really high-damaging ships, Ares style, or battles lasting for ages.

What sort of ship manouvrability do you want? Everyone's a fighter, Ares, Some very strained turning.

What sort of ship costs do you want? Getting lots of ships, Ares style, Very expensive ships

What sort of build time do you want? Realistic/Planeterion, Ares style, Time has nothing to do with it

I'm open to suggestions, and I'm sure other plug developers are watching, so make yourself heard.

I'd have to say that my personal opinion is: All of the above.
There are multiple races, differentiate between them.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

I know, but this is a poll for what you like and consequently that information is decidedly unhelpful.

1. Many IsDestinations (>4 planets, A couple outposts, a bunker or 2...)
    I'll run up a diagram of Fringe. It doesn't have stations, but 10 planets make it interesting, I hope.
  2. Rock Paper Scissors. There's no strategy in the other methods
  3. Not ages but battles that involve skill instead of just a big gun
  4. More than in Ares, but not so much "Everyone's a fighter." You've seen the S'pht
  5. Not the first, anything where there's even the remote possibility of hitting the limit is bad.
  6. Ares is fine.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

Posted Image

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the letters refer to ship classes:
A-Fighter
B-Corvette
C-Destroyer
D-Battleship
E-Dreadnought
F-ColShip
G-AsltCarr

(This message has been edited by Pallas Athene (edited 07-29-2001).)

Ahh, we're both paper-scissors-rock men. One little thing: from what I've seen of Invasion (and it's pretty recent) the gameplay is definately not paper-scissors-rock.

As requested 🙂

1. Short/medium length ones. There's nothing more irritating than getting obliterated at the end of a level that takes an age to complete. Anything else, I'm not bothered about.

2. Paper/scissors/rock - adds more of an element of strategy, and makes for more interesting battles.

3. I think Ares had the right balance.

4. Very agile fighters, poor turning on the larger ships.

5. Expensive capital ships, relatively cheap fighters.

6. Ares-style. 'Realistic' build times are ridiculous, as are instantaneous ones. They mean either fights will never start, or will never finish.

------------------

I'd say just about the same as Laguna stated above except with moderately priced capital ships, I like to play with the big ships but i dont like having to sit and wait to accumulate tons of resourses.

I need to go to bed now my brain is getting blurry.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth