ATT: Jimmy Page

Jimmy,
Leave email messages for me on magchat or simply reply here; email notification is ON.

There are 9-10 unconfirmed games on the ares ladder. Should I confirm them before setting up the honors page and resetting the ladder?

Also, for some weird reason, the games played records were different from the stats. If this occurs again, please email me so I can determine why and fix the records.

Thanks

------------------

Originally posted by McBorg:
**Also, for some weird reason, the games played records were different from the stats. If this occurs again, please email me so I can determine why and fix the records.

Thanks

That's because the losses stopped being counted a couple months ago.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Originally posted by Avatara:
**That's because the losses stopped being counted a couple months ago.

That could explain it... when we stopped deducting points for losses a few months ago we may have also dropped a loss variable from the win/loss percentage calc. by mistake. I'll check the scripts.

Thanks!

------------------

I'll try to take care of the unconfirmed games. Give it a week for them to confirm them. If you could give me an exact date when you're going to be done with the hall of fame let me know so i can tell everyone when the normal tourny ends. Meanwhile, we can work on the tourny..

I'll post some adds here and i have talked with scott kevill (evill) and he has agreed to post the ares tourniment start dates on Gameranger for a week or so. Hopefully that should get enough word out.

As for the tourny...

I was thinking we should set up a tourniment much like the netmech one. A normal elimination bracket where the seeds are determined by how you finished in the normal ladder. We will probably need to have a page on magleague where everyone can go to see the current tourniment standings, rather then trying to email each person individually. (that would take forever) Once a game has been played between two people for the tourniment, they should report the results to me. We can then update the brackets. We will need to set a deadline for each round of the tourny much like the netmech tourniment.

One major difference with this tourniment bracket is that i want there to be a losers bracket as well as a winners bracket.. Do you know what i mean? If you don't go to SimX's netfungus bracket @ (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/simx/standings.html")http://homepage.mac..../standings.html(/url) and look to see what i mean about the losers bracket and the winners bracket. Our tourniment bracket probably won't be as complicated as that one since we'll all be seeded already, but it may look somewhat similar. The winner of the Winners bracket will be the grand champion for the ares tourniment. The winner of the losers bracket will have a chance to play the Grand champion for a chance to be the honorary champion of the ares tourniment.

I can determine seeds and matchups for round one once the ladder closes (which i need a date by the way) However I'm going to need you to set up a hall of fame and a page for the bracket to be posted. That will take time i'm guessing, so that's why i'm asking you when you want the ladder to end and the tourniment to begin...

any questions by anyone feel free to ask...

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
(*)(1st Class Zacha Admiral and guitar legend throughout the sol system.)

(This message has been edited by Jimmy Page 1 (edited 07-12-2001).)

Originally posted by McBorg:
**That could explain it... when we stopped deducting points for losses a few months ago we may have also dropped a loss variable from the win/loss percentage calc. by mistake. I'll check the scripts.

Thanks!

Yeah, the lost games aren't showing up on the stats at all, if you look at some players' game record.

By the way, would you be in charge of the Starcraft EZBoard? There's a slight problem with the posting restrictions and appearantly nobody really reads the old message board anymore.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."