Is the gameranger server down or something?

I can't seem to logon to gameranger, or visit their webpage...is that just me, or is it happening to everyone. It has been last night and today this has done this. 5-17th through 5-18th..

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)
(*)(1st Class Zacha Admiral and guitar legend throughout the sol system.)

Well, I can never log on and I don't know why. It might have to do with my proxy or something.

------------------
Do I talk too much?
DoItalktoofast?
Do I ask too many questions?
I wonder...

Evill was complaining two days ago that the making Gameranger OS X native would take a long time, and required lots of work. That's my guess, as I can't sign on either.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

I was just on GameRanger two nights ago! Yes, you're right; I can't get on either--error, "Connection Time Expired." They might be revamping?

------------------

The OS X thing seems slightly more believable than the rumour that Evill has been hospitalised 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**I can't seem to logon to gameranger, or visit their webpage...is that just me, or is it happening to everyone. It has been last night and today this has done this. 5-17th through 5-18th..

ARRG!!! THAT SUCKS ARSE!! I JUST got an internet connection on my computer...the day I can try it out, GameRanger is down!! :mad: Oh well...I guess I can wait...

(This message has been edited by inviso-man (edited 05-19-2001).)

yes gameranger is down , ive heard the hospital rumor too lets hope its not true and its just a tech issue.....meanwhile mac gamers around the world are pulling their hair out.....

it's not the hospital thing, if it was why would he shut down the GR server before he all the sudden had his surprise accident that sent him to the hospital..think about it..I know evill devotes most of his life to GR, but taking the time to shut down GR while he's having a heart attack or something is a little far fetched... :rolleyes:

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**it's not the hospital thing, if it was why would he shut down the GR server before he all the sudden had his surprise accident that sent him to the hospital..think about it..I know evill devotes most of his life to GR, but taking the time to shut down GR while he's having a heart attack or something is a little far fetched...:rolleyes:

Especially when the server is in New York and Evill is in Australia. Why bother shutting the server down?

Its not like Evill has to be on for GR to run.

------------------

I just got on GR for about 5 minutes before I lost connection and couldn't get on again. :mad: I just registered Ares too. Owell, It's the first time I'v actually been able to connect for 2 days so I guess I cant be too mad. :mad:

------------------
"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
-Some old wise fellow

just thinkin...now would be a great time to join the ares ladder at (url="http://"http://www.magleague.com..")www.magleague.com..**(/url)

hmm sorry i was just daydreamin..

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

Heh. Perfect timing for my latest big GR ban. (no joke, but at least, it's only a week this time)

Jimmy, I can't sign up in the ladder with my hotmail adress, the mail.com adress I signed up with stopped recieving emails for about a week, then my account was deleted. Long story short, could you send my password for 'Madman' on the ares ladder to Madmanjeff@hotmail.com please?

------------------
I usually only come here past dawn when I've been up all night, so please don't bother me about a signature.

It is 5/20 and I can't get on GR right now, it is during a low access period, 1 AM, so there should be no trouble going on, but I can't even with my fast connection.:-(

------------------

(url="http://"http://www.insidemacgames.com/forum/general.cgi?read=25442")Why GameRanger is down(/url)

------------------

oh mine works fine :rolleyes: not actualy, it hasn't worked since friday dunno y

------------------
'89 Macintosh= Windows 98
The Microsoft Corp= A Solitaire Game
--From A Real UE Supporter--The Truth Is Out There.
You know the best is out there, just don't ignore it.

(This message has been edited by Taylor (edited 05-20-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Taylor (edited 05-20-2001).)

looks like laguna answered our quetion..which officially makes this topic dead..

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

Originally posted by Laguna:
**Why GameRanger is down

I don't know, why is it down? And how did you get that funky underline thingy under your text? I thought HTML was turned off...

------------------