Star's End-The Raiders

Originally posted by Count Altair El Alemein:
**rubs hands gleefully in anticipation

Excellent. I've been fishing about with Norton Utility's recover function and I've got an earlier version of the plugin. I'll email it today probably. If not, then tomorrow. Atleast by next week, and definately before the month is up.**

Oi! What about me?! I want to test as well, you know... 😉

(edit) My email is in the info... (/edit)

------------------
This Vid is a bit like my beast; extremely long, and best enjoyed with a mouthful of nuts.
-Ali G.

(This message has been edited by Talon Karrde (edited 03-19-2001).)

I want to try it

------------------

bah, fine ill email it

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 10

Do you need my email?

------------------

Count Altair el Alemein, I just sent the first of my graphics sets to countaltair@yahoo.com

If you find the time, please convert them to ARES format...my plug depends on it. 🙂

Count Altair el Alemein, check your mail...

------------------
This Vid is a bit like my beast; extremely long, and best enjoyed with a mouthful of nuts.
-Ali G.

(This message has been edited by Talon Karrde (edited 03-20-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Talon Karrde (edited 03-20-2001).)

It's Count Altair El Alemein , thank you Mr. Karrde... Well, you've proved yourself by mailing me this, so you're on the list. Maybe if you check your email tomorrow you'll find something there... THeDuke, I've decided not to put more than 4 people on. Of course, if you prove yourself by emailing me a plugin of your own or something then I might That goes for anyone

-----------
I do not say they cannot come;
I say they cannot come by space.

-Admiral Avril DuPont
Director AD 2749-2775

I will try it as soon as I get the chance (probobly tommorow. Between all of us I think we would litereally have someone on gameranger at noon and someone at midnight if we wanted to talk about it. Maybe we could arrange to all be on at a certain time next weekend, I can do late nights.

------------------
Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Julius Caesar

I get my DSL on the 26th. 😄 Frekin' finally!

Anyway, since the honourable count is an Aussie, I could probably talk with him...I could get on GR with him in the morning (my time zone is CET) and get on with the Americans in the evening...

Any idea on when those sprites 'l be ready?

------------------
-Ali G.

I should be online at similar times to his lordship the count because I am in hawaii, I am not sure what the time difference it but it isn't large. We are in different seasons though.

------------------
Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Julius Caesar

Count Altair El Alemein. I chose that name purely by the reasoning that if I act like a fool, people will forgive me because I'm a count. That has worked so far. Anyway, I am not going to do those sprites. Mainly because I can't download them on my computer. The adding of sprites to ares is also laborous and so I advise you to get photoshop and master the way of it.

Shame...oh, well. Where's the Beta of your plug? You didn't mail it to me...

------------------
-Ali G.

Karrde, I'm not going to email you my plugin. I'm going to email you my next beta of my plugin. So don't worry if nothing appears in your mailbox, on the other hand, do worry if it doesn't appear within 5 months. Or at all.

I've decided to resurrect this topic/perform resurrection on it and thereby provide a forum for questions relating to Star's End. Since my knowledge of html is so limited I do not even know what html stands for, this is going to be my de facto homepage.

I hope you do have a question about Star's End. If you don't, I'm not sure I can help you. This will also be a bit of a log.

- Finished all the ESF ships. The ESF have 4 weapons, machinguns, neutron rockets, railguns and nukes. They have 5 main combat ships, and 2 others (transport, assault cruiser). There are a couple of civilian ones as well..

- Finished Union fighter, heavy destroyer. Now all I need is the Battlecruiser, and I'm done for the Union. The Union has 5 weapons, machineguns, neutron rockets, plasma, guided nukes and my favourite of all = the blast-o-matic from Ishiman Quest. Considering how much detail I put into each ship, this is quite an impressive 1 day of work.

-I've done 4 levels, but the 5th one will need the battlecruiser... this is the level also where things start happening in the plugin. Oh, and it's decently difficult.

I'm going on Gameranger the moment I post this message. Be there, or be a rectangular prism.

Originally posted by Count Altair El Alemein:
I'm going on Gameranger the moment I post this message. Be there, or be a rectangular prism.

Surely you mean be a rectangular polygon?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

In this day and age, Sundered Angel, we can no longer persist with primitive 2-Dimensional forms.

I would like to end this post with a witticism involving a 4 dimensional object but unfortunately I'm not that clever. If I did it would probably be 'be there or be a rectangular prism that is trapped within a black hole 4 seconds from now'.

Or a tesseract, the supposedly 4th dimensional shape.

By the way, is it too much to ask that all the names of ships be just the same as their Ares equivalents, it can get confusing when you first start playing.

I just realized that some ships might not have Ares equivs, but the point is still relavent.

------------------
We will not change unless we survive but we will not survive unless we change.

They will have names as per their equivalents. Those names are simply edited to give youa more clear picture of what the ship is capable of.

i.e. the ESF have a fighter, and the Union have a heavy fighter. The Union's fighter is much stronger and has a one-time plasma discharge.

-Today, I made some more testing levels like that one on ares... what was it called again? Level 3. Anyway I hacked around with the A.I. things until the computer could beat me. You'd be surprised how much potential all the stuff has. It just sat there building cruisers and carriers and destroyers all day.

-For those beta testers who loved the destroyers nuke in my other edition (you all did I think) there's a similar one for the heavy destroyer the Union gets. I have a feeling that in multiplayer everyone will choose the Union, except if it's Scratching post or something like that. They can't accelerate well, because they're heavy armour (gravsteel) practically generates it's own gravity field, (a very small one and not noticable in the game).

Would someone please ask me a question relating more to Star's End? You all sit around and complain about how the board is dying but you're the ones killing it.

Originally posted by Cyberwraith:
**Or a tesseract, the supposedly 4th dimensional shape.

By the way, is it too much to ask that all the names of ships be just the same as their Ares equivalents, it can get confusing when you first start playing.

I just realized that some ships might not have Ares equivs, but the point is still relavent.

Its a 5 dimentional object 😛

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
those of you that doubt my planetarion skills will soon fear my wrath... when my internets up again...

I don't want this to turn into an argument about how many dimensions a tesseract has, although this might make a good topic in trash talk.
--------------------

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!

I've submitted EarthQuest_Resubmitted.sit.hqx: This is the blurb

This is the resubmitted Earth Quest preview. For those of you who downloaded the original, Earth Quest resubmitted adds to the previous experience, with 3 more levels taken out of my own upcoming plugin, Star's End: The Raiders. Battle the possession of the trade routes with the pirates, thwart the corruption of the ESF and even take the battle to the dark realm of the Union itself with totally new ships, totally new sounds, totally new levels and do it with a totally new style of gameplay. - Count Altair El Alemein

Well, whaddaya think? Oh, go and download it then.
------------------
I hope you will have some questions related to Star's End now, no?

------------------
------------------------
"War? I'd better go and get the washing in!"

I can see you're all kind of confused about whether to post a question here... well, I'm not forcing you to, (*and you wouldn't anyway)
----------------

-Finished the Battlecruiser for SETR. It has the weapon off ish quest, except is slightly smaller, slower reloading and uses an entirely new explosion (I must have atleast 7 different ones now!)

-Increased the damage for the guided nuke the Union gets.

-Level 5 approaching completion, 'Bad Omens.' You have to save the president/failing that kill lots of Union vessels. The nice thing is tht both sides have ships that, while not necessarily good, still try their utmost to get rid of the opposition, this is done by removing the 'can evade' tag.
---------------
'I try to emulate nice people.'