I'm sure there's a reason...

I was just wondering why Earth Quest has been taken of the add-ons section... I don't put all that work in so no one can see it.

If there's a reason, I'd like to know.

----------
BTW, if one of my plugins ever gets rated below 50 then I'm handing in my resignation as a scenario designer.

----------
I try to emulate nice people.

I think I only downloaded it about two days ago.....huh, that's odd. Care to re-submit it?

------------------

Originally posted by Count Altair El Alemein:
----------
BTW, if one of my plugins ever gets rated below 50 then I'm handing in my resignation as a scenario designer.

----------
I try to emulate nice people.**

Why? The rating system is messed up. Iron Fist only has 60 and it's the best plug out!

------------------
GR Name: Patrick Cavanaugh
The Next Big Thing:
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum13/HTML/000216.html")Wrath Of The Fallen(/url)
Ares TC

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-12-2001).)

Why? The rating system is messed up. Iron Fist only has 60 and it's the best plug out!

It's not messed up Patrick. I believe people are DELIBERATELY giving all the best plugs a 1 and all the bad plugs a 5. BTW, I would have to disagree with you about iron fist...

I will resubmit it Laguna, but I'm afraid there are once again sinister forces at work in the realm... I believe it was deliberately taken off. Either someone enjoys a joke very much or I've got some real admin opponents...

I will resubmit it Laguna, but I'm afraid there are once again sinister forces at work in the realm... I believe it was deliberately taken off. Either someone enjoys a joke very much or I've got some real admin opponents...

There might be a problem with the addons page itself, because my plug, After The War, disappeared too.

It's not messed up Patrick. I believe people are DELIBERATELY giving all the best plugs a 1 and all the bad plugs a 5. BTW, I would have to disagree with you about iron fist....

That's what I meant when I said the ratings were messed up. After all, someone has to be voting "Salrilians" to the top 😄

------------------
GR Name: Patrick Cavanaugh
The Next Big Thing:
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum13/HTML/000216.html")Wrath Of The Fallen(/url)
Ares TC

Well, only Myself, Sargatanus, Sundered Angel, Cotton Mouse and Andrew himself have access to the Ares file area, and so I don't believe it was a deliberate act. No way.

Also, if you think scenarios are being rated really unfairly then one of us could reset the counter for it if we agree. Just ask nicely.

I know there's also a problem with the number of downloads for certain files but I'm told that that is an unfixable problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

------------------

Just thought I'd let you know that I definitely did not delete either of these plug-ins. I agree with Laguna; if you think your plug-ins have been rated wrongly, we can reset the counters for you. Well, if we agree of course.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Sundered Angel, Laguna thankyou for proving to me that you didn't delete them, because I'm currently running a smear campaign against that person who did.

I'm not going to ask you to reset all of the ratings, but I'd like to point out Space Marines Net probably doesn't deserve to be there. Maybe you could throw it off a bit?

Oh, by the way, I've uploaded my resubmitted copy of Earth Quest, it's called EarthQuest_Resubmitted. But thanks to incomparable stupidity, I managed to stuff the up the secret level. I'm resending it, if you can select them per the description, the most recent one includes in my email address.
--------
I try to emulate nice people.

(This message has been edited by Count Altair El Alemein (edited 05-13-2001).)

sigh I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some idiots would decide to sabotage the ratings system. Pretty sad, though.

As for files being deleted, there's just no way this is possible unless one of the admins did it for some reason (or perhaps even by accident). If your plugin is no longer there, please re-upload it.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by andrew:
**As for files being deleted, there's just no way this is possible unless one of the admins did it for some reason (or perhaps even by accident). If your plugin is no longer there, please re-upload it.

Interesting. No server error or such could do this? Well, I suppose it is fairly possible to delete a plug-in by accident, though I haven't approved any personally myself in the last couple of weeks, so I still rather doubt it was me.
Thanks, Count, for not going nuts about whatever mistake caused this.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I'm not actually upset about having Earth Quest taken off...

What I am upset about are the wretched billions who rate it '1' out of sheer enjoyment. Take a look at EQR's rating at the moment... 44.

Hmm...din't know it was out yet! :redface:

Oh well, with WOTF beta 4 and EQ, I should be occupied for a few hours at least. 🙂

------------------
This Vid is a bit like my beast; extremely long, and best enjoyed with a mouthful of nuts.
-Ali G.