Sprites

How do you input sprites into Hera to make your own ships?

------------------

click sprite under the "special" panel of the object editor, then click "add" This is all in the Hera Reference that comes with 1.2 in the Hera Documentation folder.
Sprites have to be in the ares color table.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

(note)
The sprites don't have to be in the Ares Color Table when you import them. However, if you have a program capable of converting them with dithering, use it, or else the ships turn out ugly.

------------------
What others can travel so far into so many universes yet remain so deeply rooted in their own?

thanks

------------------

But I checked under the special tab in the object editor, there was nothing about sprites!

------------------

Did you have "SpriteFromDirection" or "IsSelfAnimated" checked as a build flag? No? Do so. (ShapeFromDirection for ships and direction-based things, IsSelfAnimated for things where the animation progresses along a path, like explosions)
There.

------------------
What others can travel so far into so many universes yet remain so deeply rooted in their own?

where would I find these?

------------------

Under the Attributes pop-up window of the object. Read the Hera manual and look it up, it really helps...

------------------
This Vid is a bit like my beast; extremely long, and best enjoyed with a mouthful of nuts.
-Ali G.

Originally posted by Talon Karrde:
**Under the Attributes pop-up window of the object. Read the Hera manual and look it up, it really helps...

Chuckle Yes, it does.

Alternatively, try going through the tutorials. They teach everything you need to create basic single and multiplayer levels.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy