Coldstone Chronicles: Shadows of the Past: Part 3

The shadow was closer than ever.

Abdar thought, "Wait, why am I running? I could beat this thing to high heaven if I had to."

He skidded to a halt, and turned around, readying himself for combat. But what he saw was not an enemy, but an old man, with a long silver beard, and eyes as gentle as a deer's. Abdar slowly stood up to face the man.

"What do you want from me?" Abdar asked.

"I want to help you," the old man looked lonely, his heart seemed truthful.

"Well, I could use some help," Abdar agreed,"But first, what is your name?

"All things will come soon enough."

The man lifted his hands, and screamed, "Afaritus gluandius forwst!" and they both suddenly appeared in front of a house.

"Welcome, young one." he opened the door, into a small, gloomy cabin, that hadn't any light, except for that of the moon. It had 3 rooms, large enough for Abdar.

"Please, sit down," the man motioned Abdar to a chair in front of the table. He then moved his arm all the way to his right, and made the chair move out. Abdar slowly sat down, and the man sat across from him.

"I have been watching you," he said.

"How?" Abdar found this hard to believe.

The man held up his hand. "That doesn't matter right now. Anyway, I have been watching you travel through the forest. I have monitered your skills, and have to say this: You have a great power within you. You see, I am a Magi. I can see and do things normal people can't, like you. I can see into the past, or into the future."

"So, could you tell me where I came from?"

"As I said before, all things will come soon enough. Anyhow, I figured I knew where to get you to unleash that certain power. I have friends, they are Magi as well, but more powerful than I. They live in the mountains west of here. They will make you become stronger than anyone imagined. And, they have a surprise waiting for you. One condition though, you must be strong. In front of the entrance are 4 gate guardians; water, fire, snow, and wind. You must be able to defeat these to get through. and walk in the tunnels they made at the foot of the mountain."

"Doesn't sound too tough."

"Don't think that, for this may be the most difficult battle of your life, if you live through it. Now, I will teleport you there." He raised his hands, and waved them. Abdar suddenly found himself in front of 4 weird looking....creatures. One grey, who seemed to be transperent, his eyes swirling. Abdar thought this must be wind. The next was liquid, a beautiful sky blue. Water. After him, a huge flame, red and orange, the middle blue, transperent. His eyes danced in flames. Fire. The last was white, and gave off a blue-ish color, for he was so cold, his eyes hard and unfeeling.

"I have come to train with the magi's!" Abdar shouted.

"Fire, you take him first," Water growled.

Fire lunged at Abdar, and he evaded. How was he going to defeat this thing?

"Fight with your heart and soul," the old man said.

"Wait, how'd he say that? He's miles away! Oh, right, he's a Magi," Abdar thought.

Abdar pounced on Fire, and did a spin kick, sending him into the wall. Fire got back up, a little dazed, but up. He threw a fireball at Abdar, but he dodged and countered with a punch to the middle. Fire crouched over, gurgled, and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Weakling," Wind said, "I'll take the punk on now."

Wind spun around so fast, he was a tornado. He came whirling towards Abdar, and hit him. He went crashing into the ground.

"No way to block, I have to find a weak spot," Abdar said as he wiped a trickle of blood off dripping from his chin.

The whirling mass of doom came at him again. Abdar jumped up over four stories high. "There it is! The one part not spinning!" Abdar lunged down, a moving blur, holding his leg in front of him. He went right into wind's head. Wind staggered, then threw a big blast of wind right at Abdar. He jumped away, then hit Wind right in the head again. Wind growled, then spun real fast. He spun down to nothing.

"And he called Fire weakling. Ah well, at least he hit the runt," Water smirked, "I'll go next."

Water lifted his arms up, then threw them down, motioning in thousands of huge, heavy water droplets. All of them hit Abdar at the same time, sending him through the ground, making a hole. He moaned.

"I can't.... give up... Glyndir needs me."

He climbed out, and lunged at water, throwing a punch. His fist went right through the liquid substance.

"You meet your doom, foolish warrior," Water laughed.

"If you thought that, than you have another thing coming!" Abdar yelled.

You see, Abdar had another ability, the ability to watch attacks, then be able to replicate them, including being able to do what nature does, such as lightening from a thunderstorm.

"Nice meeting you, liquid drain-o," Abdar laughed at his own joke. He lifted his arms up, then sent a lightening bolt right into Water. Too bad there wasn't anything he could've used against wind. That would've been fun for him.

Water sizzled, and cried, "No! Such a puny warrior could do this to me!" And glowed yellow, then black, then nothing.

"Are you next?" Abdar laughed.

Snow lifted his arms up, and Abdar heard a loud, rumbling sound. He looked behind him, and saw a collasal snow bolder heading right for him. He turned around, held his arms out, and threw a fireball at it. It melted on the spot. He turned around, and saw the look of fear in Snow's eyes. That was how he felt when he started, but luckily fire went first. He threw a big fireball at snow, and he melted into a steaming puddle of water. Abdar stepped right in it, and walked into the tunnel.

Ancient runes were marked everywhere. Abdar realized this was a big maze, and decided to teleport himself to the magi's, using that spell that the old man did. Abdar lifted up his arms, and waved them.

"Oops," Abdar thought, "Wrong place"

A huge rock giant was standing before him.

"Prepare to die, mortal!" It lunged at Abdar. Abdar evaded, and threw thousands of water droplets at the rock, weathering him down to a pile of rubble. But, he put himself back together, and took another lunge at Abdar, hitting him into the wall. Abdar got up, and tried hitting him. It put a crack in the rock, but he healed it.

The rock sent thousands of rocks beating on Abdar. Abdar was pushed into the wall, getting beaten by all these rocks. The giant stopped them, and looked at Abdar's limp body. He started to walk away. Abdar opened one eye.

"It worked, phew!" Abdar thought, "Man this hurts!"

He then teleported himself to the right place. Four Magi's were seated at a table.

"An old Magi from the forest sent me," Abdar breathed heavily.

"Did he tell you his name?" one asked.

"No," Abdar replied.

"Ah, I know who, old Rebliciant. He never tells anyone his name. By the looks of you, I understand a few things. 1.) That you are strong and worthy, 2.) You are able to watch attacks and then perform them, and finally 3.) You have a great power within. I want to show you something."

He called someone's name, and another boy walked in. Abdar's mouth hung open, like a latch had broken.

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 09-14-2002).)

Originally posted by PinkFluffyBunny:
**"I want to help you," the old man looked lonely, his heart seemed truthful.

"Well, I could use some help," Abdar agreed,"But first, what is your name? **

Nobody in their right mind would be so trusting. I assume Abdar's never met this person before; so why would he accept his help so soon?

"Please, sit down," the man motioned Abdar to a chair in front of the table. He then moved his arm all the way to his right, and made the chair move out. Abdar slowly sat down, and the man sat across from him.

Again, Abdar's too trusting. It's not realistic for him to just walk in and talk a seat, with no questions asked.

"I can see and do things normal people can't, like you. I can see into the past, or into the future."

It seems in this line you're indicating that Abdar is a normal person, which is far from the truth. Watch out for these inconsistencies.

**"Don't think that, for this may be the most difficult battle of your life, if you live through it. Now, I will teleport you there." He raised his hands, and waved them. Abdar suddenly found himself in front of 4 weird looking....creatures. One grey, who seemed to be transperent, his eyes swirling. Abdar thought this must be wind. The next was liquid, a beautiful sky blue. Water. After him, a huge flame, red and orange, the middle blue, transperent. His eyes danced in flames. Fire. The last was white, and gave off a blue-ish color, for he was so cold, his eyes hard and unfeeling.

Ah, yes, thanks for the critique. I will watch out for those things in the future. 🙂

The trust thing, I don't really understand why I did that myself, but I guess I was thinking at the time he could beat the guy up when/if he needed to.

Spells: he had the ability to see attacks and absorb them, so he was, in fact, able to do them, I suppose making him magical in some way.

The other things I will watch out for in the future. 🙂
Bunny^_^

Edit: Spelling, and a few things added. What else?
Edit 2: Grammer in "Edit"....
Edit 3: Missed another grammer error in "Edit"...
------------------
You never really know how much you care about something until you almost or do lose it. I almost lost a carrot this morning.
My game's (url="http://"http://glued2seatp.150m.com/")site(/url)

(This message has been edited by PinkFluffyBunny (edited 09-15-2002).)