Coldstone Chronicles: Exerpt from my game intro.

Excerpt from my game intro:

...You wake up. Looking around, you see that you are in a small chamber. It is quite dark, but a shaft of light coming from a hole in the ceiling some 20 feet up enables you to just make out the room and its contents.

You can barely see the walls, they are made, it seems, of rock, as if the room had been carved out of a cavern. In the centre of the room there is a rough mat with a collection of shapes on it which you can't quite make out in the gloom, strangely, you have no memory of this place. In fact you can't remember a thing - where you've been or even who you are. You try to get up, but as you do so a wave of pain hits you and you pass out...

...You wake again, you look around - same room, same chink of light, same bundle of objects. You groan and as you do so one of the dark shapes stirs, it appears to be a small figure in a cloak.

- The figure stands up and lights a candle, it walks over to you.

The figure stands above you threateningly about four feet tall, cloaked and hooded you cannot make out a face. You shuffle back. The figure raises its arm in command and you find yourelf stiff, unable to move. The figure then points at a torch on the wall and it is kindled FLASH! with a blinding burst of green light, your eyes are seared with pain.

The figure throws back its hood and a bearded face with deep green eyes is revealed. A pause and the figure speaks for the first time:

"Speak" commands the little man "tell me, who are ye and what is thy business in this realm, are ye a friend of the orcs? Come, speak, what are a man? Orc? Elf?"(this is where you decide which race you want to be)

"And what is thy name friend?" You explain that you can't remember a thing and the figure nods. "Aye it must be true," he mutters, "I have been expecting this. Come, what would like me to call you then?" (this is where you choose a name) "Well as for my name..," He pauses for a minute and looks deeply into your eyes, "...You may call me Basta."

Your new fiend picks up a staff on the floor and mutters some incantation, immediately the end of the staff begins to radiate a warm green light. He explains that this light cannot be seen by his enemies "To the shapers of darkness this light will appear only as shadow." He says, "However the same goes for us seeing their presence."

He leads you out of the room into a dark passageway and beckons you to follow him. As you are walking you glance at the wall and notice that they are etched with patterns. You remark on this to Basta and he tells you they are the runes of people from a long forgotten age that lived here many years ago.

"I'll take you to my base," he says. "I'm sorry if this all seems confusing to you but never fear, all will be explained." At this point doubt sets into your mind, how can you be sure that this little man is really your friend? You don't know who he is or where he is taking you - all of a sudden your thoughts are interupted, you have just entered a large room, but as you walk in three large, dark figures leap out of the darkness, they are clad all in black cloaks with helmets covering their heads. The first one, who is tallest and appears to be the leader steps forward wielding an unadorned black staff, he holds it aloft, hisses a stream of harsh words and a jet of blackness shoots towards you.

FLASH!

Like lightning your friend casts a counter and his jet of green engulfs the blackness inhuming all three figures. All that is left are the blackened broadswords and scorched helmets...

Thats all for now but more will come soon, please give your thoughts.

-Pad the inscrutable 🙂

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 09-10-2001).)

Abnsolutely Awsome!

Cool- where can I get a copy of the game?

Actually I do plan to make a game out of this - anyone wanna help?

------------------
I love cheddar!!!

This will be the best game since Final Fantasy!
🙂

If you make this into a game...it will be so good!
😜