Tell me someone else has this problem

The thing is, everytime I get far enough into a level and have a lot of ships, it won't let me build anymore. I'll be making ships and then all of a sudden it's like the button has been cut off. I'm sitting here pressing the build key and it won't build anything. Then every once in a while it lets me build again but only for about 30 seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------

That's because there is a ship limit in Ares. Only about 200 objects(both players ships, asteriods, explosions, shots) can exist at the same time.

------------------
GR Name: Patrick
To get Ares 1.2.0b6(for plugins) go to:
http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum13...TML/000131.html

If you've maxed out the ships, you proably have enough to do whatever your tring to do. I wonder if you could "flood the system" with fighters, and thus not enable to enemy to build any more ships.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Originally posted by 21st Century Digital Boy:
**If you've maxed out the ships, you proably have enough to do whatever your tring to do. I wonder if you could "flood the system" with fighters, and thus not enable to enemy to build any more ships.

I actually did this once on level 19.
It was part of (I think it was Pallas's, man that was a long time ago) challenge to see how many losses would be incurred defeating the gateship with JUST FIGHTERS. As I had to forfit, I couldn't check my losses :mad:, but the origonator (Pallas?) came out with about 1000 losses, give or take a couple hundred.

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI