Coldstone Chronicles: Early History of Tenova

This is a legend behind the forming of one of the major cities in my RPG world.

"Tenn was a half human, half elf, with little knowledge of his parents. He was raised by humans in the tiny village of Ganthis, just north of Kalathiel. Tenn, being the only one in town who was not fully human, felt slightly out of place. He became a loner, sticking to himself, an orphan.
Years passed, and Tenn grew up. He left Ganthis, and trained in the ways of the swordsman. He was a force of justice, destroying evil wherever he found it. As with all heroes of his stature, Tenn, of course, encountered some hideously powerful beast.
The beast was a CacoDragon, a being that craved no more than destruction. The CacoDragon had been 'dormant' for eons, and had woke up due to a currently unknown cause. Nevertheless, the CacoDragon appeared near Kalathiel, and immediately began destroying the city.
The beast did not complete its dire task, as a special 'guardian' system had been activated(the details of the system are unknown, or how it was activated). The CacoDragon, discouraged, headed north. Ganthis lay in its path of destruction.
Tenn, currently in the southern city of Erinon, traveled north as fast as possible. When Tenn caught up with the beast, it was battling a young elven mage. The mage was holding the beast back as best as he could, but was visibly weakening. Tenn rushed to the mage's aid, and together they destroyed the CacoDragon.
The victory had a price however. As the beast died, some of its spiritual essence entered Tenn, and Tenn began to die. The mage, Arkanox, placed Tenn in a state of suspended animation, until there was a way to restore Tenn.
Arkanox sealed Tenn's body inside a massive tomb, deep beneath the earth. A temple to the god of life, Solus, was built above the catacombs. Grateful visitors gathered at the temple, giving thanks to the sleeping hero. Eventually a city was built above the catacombs, named after Tenn. Thus the city of Tenova was built."

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 05-31-2001).)

nice. is Tennova a city like Mecca, where the faithful make regular pilgrimages to, or is it less of a religious city? it might be interesting to explore what could happen to a city that was based on regular pilgrimage, like mecca, but had lost its religious bearings. the tomb falling into disrepair, the government and ecconomy of the city evolving away from the religion, etc. I'm not saying that's a part of your game, or your city. just rambling.
g'night.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Originally posted by jmitchell:
**nice. is Tennova a city like Mecca, where the faithful make regular pilgrimages to, or is it less of a religious city? it might be interesting to explore what could happen to a city that was based on regular pilgrimage, like mecca, but had lost its religious bearings. the tomb falling into disrepair, the government and ecconomy of the city evolving away from the religion, etc. I'm not saying that's a part of your game, or your city. just rambling.
g'night.

Well it used to be strictly religious, but then expanded into the largest known city in my world. It is the center of economy, closely rivalled by Erinon(maybe I'll post something on that soon). Tenova is also the center of magical learning, aside from the Magocratic Bridges to the South(floating buildings connected by bridges, ruled by the Archai-magi).

------------------
Evil is as Evil does

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
Well it used to be strictly religious, but then expanded into the largest known city in my world.**

So, does that mean that there could be an even larger city hidden away from the rest of the world, eagerly awaiting their chance to take over, or am I just being a cat loving idiot and reading to much into it?

------------------
Money is not the root of all evil, Jar Jar Binks is.

D**n Patrick. I hate his attitude...
Oh, sorry. I was just having a mouth-off with someone in my house.

Anyways, cool history. I hope the rest of your game is as well thought out, if not better.

------------------
I hope to regain Crawler's trust and the little bit of respect he may have had for me. One day...
Go to the (url="http://"http://yoshi.zzux.com/phpbb")unoffical EV webboards(/url).
Or go to my smaller and somewhat less populated board, (url="http://"http://pub101.ezboard.com/bmousesboards")Mouse's Boards(/url)!