Odd error in Windows compilations

@pixor, on Apr 26 2006, 02:54 AM, said in Odd error in Windows compilations:

Do they check this forum to see what things people mention so they can fix them?

I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with PCT? It is a mac format, isn't it?

@ledorax, on Apr 26 2006, 03:53 PM, said in Odd error in Windows compilations:

I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with PCT? It is a mac format, isn't it?

If the graphics have the suffix .pct they should be fine for both systems. If the suffix is .pict Windows may have a problem with that since Windows wants a three letter suffix. That's my understanding of the situation. I make sure all my graphics are either .pct or .png. The graphics also have to be 72ppi (pixels per inch) to render correctly.

The file format isn't the problem, I created a testmap that used PNG graphics only.
The error showed up differently this time, Windows went like "DRRRRRRRRRRING" and then said there was an error and the program has to shut down.

Seems indeed to be an error in the Engine, while compiling for windows. The odd thing is, though, that PoG works on Windows. No clue.

@ledorax, on Apr 26 2006, 03:53 PM, said in Odd error in Windows compilations:

Anyway, I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with PCT? It is a mac format, isn't it?

@rubber-ducky, on Apr 26 2006, 05:25 PM, said in Odd error in Windows compilations:

If the suffix is .pict Windows may have a problem with that since Windows wants a three letter suffix. That's my understanding of the situation. I make sure all my graphics are either .pct or .png.

Well seeing as most of my graphics are .bmp any way, they should DEFINATELY work since that is a windows based format.

And anything in the 'layers' section of the map rendered even though they were the same type.

I tend to think in terms of what the engine likes. I think it likes .pct files and suggest you change them. But that's up to you, of course. Good luck.

@pixor, on Apr 27 2006, 04:47 PM, said in Odd error in Windows compilations:

Well seeing as most of my graphics are .bmp . . . . .

The Manual says this about BMP:

Not recommended since it uses a lot of disk space. You should use PCT or PNG for a non-destructive format instead.