Spell Advancement

Hi everyone,

I made a few spells. When you cast one of them, the game checks your level and intelligence. Then, depending on how high they are, it casts one of several spells. All these spells are the same, except they have different damage, duration, etc.

Now, this seems to work just fine if casting a protective spell. However, when I cast an offensive spell with the target "single character", all that happens is the character waves his arms around (casting animation). Nothing else. I try to click a foe to cast the spell on it, but then he just attacks it. I haven't tried this with a spell that damages everything (target enemies), but I guess that should work fine as spells with target caster does.

Does anyone know what to do or should I just have all spells damage everything in sight?

Thank you, and happy easter or whatever you say this time of the year.

I think there is a bug or two in the spell casting portion of Coldstone. In other instances when you try to select a target, the player rushes right up in the face of the foe unless you hold down the "defend" key while you are selecting your target. In the defence stance the player is prevented from moving. You may just be better off with having your spell cast on all enemies within a certain range.

I suppose I'll have to do that then. Too bad, I really liked this spell. 😛