help 4 a beginner

The boards have been acting strangely lately, and Ambrosia's on it. That's probably why the same message showed up five times. I edited it. Just submit once, no matter what it says afterwards. Go back to the main Coldstone board (not in the topic), refresh, and see if your message is there.

Your hero is defined in Options, Misc tab. You don't have to place your hero in a map the way you do an NPC.

thanks. sorry bout posting five times. it kept not going on to the 'post submitted' sreen and i thought it wasnt posting it

Hey im new to coldstone and have came across a problem already pritty much ive useing the starting game and adding on stuff from that but i dont know how to add maps i made a map but how do i make a location with that map on the location or something like that well thats what i think i have to do?

I think i got it to work now but when i apear in my new map i cant move Can you tell me how to fix that please :unsure:

Chewylewi, a little punctuation and some capitals at the beginning of your sentences would go a long way toward making your posts easier to understand. Also there is a little tab to the right of your post which allows you to edit (add to or change) what you have written so that you don't need to "double post."

After you create a map you need to create a location which has the same name as the map. Go to the file menu -> new-> location and fill in the details which apply. If your playing character cannot move in the map, I suspect you have the area blocked. Go back to the map editor and select the "Access" button in the "Modes" area to the left of the map. If the movement tiles have a red film over them, the player cannot go on those tiles. Clicking on a red tile changes the tile to one on which the player can move. If this doesn't answer your questions, try to give us some details of what is happening in your map.

Ive added clases and races to my game but when i start the game now i get no exp the monsters do give you expereance and it comes up saying ive got exp when i kill a moster but at the bottom my exp still stays on 0 :mad:

Thanks

This post has been edited by Chewylewi : 31 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

The value "at the bottom" shows how much more experienced you must be to advance a level. I'd guess you've made no skill tables for your new classes. Click the skill table button in the class window.

i want my npc's to drop random items and have done this by useing launch item. When a random item drops a picture of that item apears in front of me but i cant pick it up dose anyone know why and how to fix it?

In the Item Editor for that item, click the tab which says, "display." Now check the little button which says, "take" which is about in the middle of the "display" page. That will allow the player to pick up the item and put it into inventory.