I can't get the first game to launch

Hi all,

I just downloaded Coldstone for the first time. I have an uregistered version. I followed the directions in the docs and I created a medieval game. When I try to lauch the game, it doesn't work properly. All I get is an all black screen with music playing, but I can see anything. I'm running OS 10.4.2. Does Coldstone not work properly for OS 10.4? If not, is Coldstone still being supported and is there an update expected in the near future? Has anyone else had the same problem I have?

Thanks,

Lovenasium

Haha thats funny... I had the exact same problem! It is an OSX thing.. Read This Post. It talkes about ur problem. I asked around and I think there is going to be a new update for Coldstone (and Pillars of Garendall) Because OS 10.3 "broke them" lol. So if u click the 'Start up in Classic Environment' button and run it that way, or if u just run the Coldstone that is only for OS 9 (I prefer that, it seems to work better), it should work...

Good luck,
Pixor

Hi Lovenasium. Welcome to the boards.

Beenox, the developer of Coldstone, has completely abandoned support for Coldstone. AmbrosiaSW has made several statements that they will try to get a fix for the problems which started with the introduction of the newer OS X versions. This is not an easy job because they didn't write the software in the first place. So far, there is no indication that ASW has intentions of dropping the project, but we, here, are all trying to be patient for a fix. In the meantime, the only way CS (and games created by CS) works is in either OS 8.6 - 9.2 or in "Classic Environment." Created games can also be played on Windows machines but, of course, Coldstone itself will not work on Windows PCs.

Rubber Ducky, on Jul 30 2005, 09:14 PM, said:

Hi Lovenasium. Welcome to the boards.

Beenox, the developer of Coldstone, has completely abandoned support for Coldstone. AmbrosiaSW has made several statements that they will try to get a fix for the problems which started with the introduction of the newer OS X versions. This is not an easy job because they didn't write the software in the first place. So far, there is no indication that ASW has intentions of dropping the project, but we, here, are all trying to be patient for a fix. In the meantime, the only way CS (and games created by CS) works is in either OS 8.6 - 9.2 or in "Classic Environment." Created games can also be played on Windows machines but, of course, Coldstone itself will not work on Windows PCs.
View Post

Coldstone will also work in OS 10 - 10.2.8