iso and fx

Isometric and Sp-FX

:rolleyes: Hello Yawl I have a couple of newbies questions before I make a final decision on the purchase of your engine.
Q #1 Is it possible to design your own isometric art and import it into the engine?
Q #2 are you able to make special Fx like glows. smoke, fire, lighting and rain

THANK YOU for your support. Iso_Crazy.

You can make ANY kind of art and put it into Coldstone. Its a very simple matter of just making folders inside the "Pictures" folder, and putting your .pcts, .pngs or .gifs in them.
When you are done, you can you use them for ANYTHING that is inside your game.
But be warned, Coldstone has no support for isometric maps or tiles. It is possible, but there are 2 problems:

You must either have every single tile on your map be a stamp, or make your isometric tiles into a bunch of square tiles. Either way it would be VERY hard to make maps.

The uneditable default player movement dictates that that the player will always go in a straight 45ş diagonal when moving diagonally. So when moving diagonally, you would always move down more then over in your isometric perspective.

Yes, all those things are very doable as long as you can draw them. But there isn't a built in editor for FX.

This post has been edited by Yoggy : 12 April 2005 - 09:26 AM

Well, Yoggy has it all covered, but I had to reply. I actually have a few isometric maps in my game, but you shouldn't do anything too large like a long corridoor because of the movement prloblem. However, if you make your art like this, there should be no problem (it might look strange, however).

Ledorax, on Apr 12 2005, 09:46 AM, said:

Well, Yoggy has it all covered, but I had to reply. I actually have a few isometric maps in my game, but you shouldn't do anything too large like a long corridoor because of the movement prloblem. However, if you make your art like this, there should be no problem (it might look strange, however).
View Post

Hi Ledorex, did you do all that cool ass work in ColdStone?

I didn't make those graphics, but thanks for assuming so, hehe.

If you get a 3D program, it probably won't be very hard to do.

Sorry Iso, but I don't think Coldstone is purchasable right now.

Ledorax, on Apr 12 2005, 01:55 PM, said:

I didn't make those graphics, but thanks for assuming so, hehe.

If you get a 3D program, it probably won't be very hard to do.
View Post

Well who ever did it my hat goes off to them.

Oh those far fetched highend 3d application cost to mutch there is no way in the world I can pay for something like that. but i' may stil buy the engine.

OgreBob, on Apr 12 2005, 02:18 PM, said:

Sorry Iso, but I don't think Coldstone is purchasable right now.
View Post

OH NO, why!!!!!! 😮 😮 😮

Iso_Crazy, on Apr 12 2005, 02:27 PM, said:

OH NO, why!!!!!! 😮 😮 😮
View Post

OK I have read the forum and I see what is going on, well I hope they fix the bug soon, so I guess I'll just sit here and twiddle my thumbs and wait for that wonderful day to come to where I can spend some cash for an engine 😉

I suppose that's pretty much all you can do. Unless you make graphics, that is. I think there are some free 3D apps out there...

Wow, first person I have seen since about a year ago of meeting you that admired your work that much leddy... ANYwho, read the tutorials on the add ons page, they will tell you all of that jazz, and also read ellrix's guide, that has some neat info as well.