Miscellaneous

What's global entry?

I might seem kind of naive, but I've been wondering for a long time what 'Global Entry' means, as well as what 'mouse click start...' does on stamp control. The user manual has nothing about either of these things. Speaking of miscellaneous questions...is there any way to delete an item on a map? I have a slot machine that consists of three items resembling slots, that when touched in the same way as a chest, freeze on a particular slot. The problem is that to make the slots reset, the actual items need to be deleted and replaced. Is there a way to do this without teleporting the player to another location, and then back again?

Thanks.

Not sure about the items, but global entry means that a text field pops up where the player can enter text. This could, for example, be used for dialogue. Mouse click start means something that happens when the user clicks the stamp.

I see. So, for Global Entry, could you link it to an 'Ask Entry' so that a global is changed to the player's text? How would that be done?

Where are you finding "Global Entry?"

"Mouse click start..." will launch an event if the player clicks on the stamp in question. Construct the event first, then in "stamp control" editor, select that event from the pull-down menu. If your slots on your slot machine were stamps rather than items, the appropriate action could take place with a click on the slot.

You can delete an item by checking "take" in the item editor. But it seems to me that this is not what you want to do. If the "idle" picture and the "used" picture are the same, and using the item is linked to an event which does whatever you want to happen, you can control the action of the slot by globals. It would go something like this:

Idle slot -- gb_slot1 = 0
Use slot -- conditional; if gb_slot1 = 0, do whatever, if not, do nothing.
set gb_slot1 = 1
Construct an event to re-set your slot globals to 0 wherever you want this to happen. That could be by selecting a different slot, or walking away from the slot machine, or having a timer keep the slot inactive for X number of seconds, or having the event occur when you re-enter the map. You have to decide when or if you want the slot active again. The possibilities are endless.

Global Entry is on the list of conditional options (with globals, EncounterinProgress etc.) as well as on the "&&" list with all the parameters such as ActualX, CounterNPCs etc.

I tried using stamps instead of items for the slots, except that clicking on them doesn't do anything. I checked that when the stamps were launched, the mouse click start event was linked, and that the linked event was working. Sometimes if I click rapidly on one of the stamps for a long while, I get a response, but not often. Is this a common problem?

Stefan, on Apr 4 2005, 05:59 PM, said:

Sometimes if I click rapidly on one of the stamps for a long while, I get a response, but not often. Is this a common problem?
View Post

Not that I was aware of. But if this is not working, use the items with links to actions. Just don't check the "take" box in the item editor.

I don't think stamp control works properly in a map, but in a main location it works. Hopefully, this is being fixed.