Better way to do Acceleration

9 Events + Player direction script

Hello,

I found This On Ell'rx's website today, and decided to add acceleration to Anira. I however did not use the way posted above, but instead this script, which is much more simple, and doesn't destroy the "Encounter in Progress" thing. However, it requires that you have a player direction script, but one is included. If you are making a game that has movement mechanics like this, I would guess it already has one.

Click Here to Download the Scripts.

Yoggy, on Mar 21 2005, 05:57 PM, said:

Hello,I found This On Ell'rx's website today, and decided to add acceleration to Anira. I however did not use the way posted above, but instead this script, which is much more simple, and doesn't destroy the "Encounter in Progress" thing. However, it requires that you have a player direction script, but one is included. If you are making a game that has movement mechanics like this, I would guess it already has one.Click Here to Download the Scripts.

hey hey hey, no need to drag me into this 😛 , curious how does a self-targetting spell,
that lasts a couple rounds destroy the 'encounter in progress' thing,
or is more complicated than creating custom animations with event flags
its
1 spell
-with a conditional to limit the effects of the spell
-a remove effect event to reset the speed after the spell ends
1 keydown ( local, or global )
-to act as a run button
-with one conditional

fact is it doesn't even have to be a spell,
its just easier since they take care of themselves instead of an animation that initiates and removes the effect...i feel a mini game coming on.

This post has been edited by ellrx : 23 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

Oh, I thought that the spell was constantly firing and targeting you, the player... I need to read your thing again, it works differently then I thought..... Seems really complicated when you read the website.

This post has been edited by Yoggy : 27 March 2005 - 11:55 AM

Yoggy, on Mar 27 2005, 04:54 PM, said:

Oh, I thought that the spell was constantly firing and targeting you, the player... I need to read your thing again, it works differently then I thought..... Seems really complicated when you read the website.View Post

i wouldn't waste your time, i wrote tha tin like 5 minutes at 4AM, its not even close to being a method just the rantings of a madman, wha ti've written here is far more helpful than that PDF.