Map Problem

Whenever I try to open a map or make a new one, it freezes. I know this has happened before but it only happened once and the guy wasn't seen again, so I don't know.. Help??

You have not given us enough information to know where to assist. If your map freezes, there is either something there which is giving the engine conflicting data, or there is something not there which needs to be.

Check through each step to find what goes wrong. Are the dimensions of the ground and movement tiles set correctly? Is your teleportation event to the map correctly done?

My advise would be to create a very simple map (could be just grass) and test it out. Then add elements to it, a little at a time, until you understand what needs to be where. Maps are your playing field and you can't proceed with the game until the maps work.

Edit: If you're really stuck, you can email me a map file and the event file which leads to that map and I'll see if I can spot the problem. Please do not send the whole game. Email address: rduck@optonline.net with subject line "Map problem."

Well, I don't know what it is, but now it is working but taking like 2 minutes to load.