Allies in Coldstone

fluzzy bobs

I have had Coldstone for a while and I was wondering if there is a way to create allies in it.

Example: Finding party members with HP that will attack THE ENEMY, instead of you.

Example 2: Characters having the ability to summon monsters to fight for them.

If there is any way possible to create these please tell me.

Welcome to the boards, Sir Osis.

Sir Osis, on Nov 16 2004, 01:31 PM, said:

I was wondering if there is a way to create allies in it.

In a word, no. You could, however, create a massive animation which would look like NPCs fighting each other but it would have to be totally scripted.

Characters having the ability to summon monsters to fight for them.

Yes, this can be done but they will fight against the player, not the player's foes. It would be done through an event which exchanges passive NPCs for hostile NPCs (or just makes hostile NPCs appear) when the right moment occurs. The character who does the summoning can either join in the fight or remain uninvolved as you see fit.

A hostile NPC with orders to follow the player, an attack that does 0 damage (or heals the player) and an attack spell that damages all of it's allies. Instant ally, although it's not very good.

Well, I was thinking that I could make a spell for a summoning or ally that is like a normal attack but it would only affect it's allies (your enemies) and make it's normal attack 0. The type would be an aggresive caster or something like that.

Also, could someone make a plug-in for coldstone to allow you to make allies easy? There is a whole ton of games I want to make, but can't because of this little piece of... I mean screwed up engine

This post has been edited by Sir Osis : 16 November 2004 - 03:40 PM

Sir Osis, on Nov 16 2004, 04:33 PM, said:

...could someone make a plug-in for coldstone to allow you to make allies easy?

You can make plugins with Coldstone for existing games that allow them, but you cannot make plugins for Coldstone. You will just have to accept the fact that the game engine is not designed for creating allies. Your options are: 1) re-write your story, 2) find a work-around, 3) use some other software, 4) work with what can be done.

It is a sad but true fact.

In the future I would sugest you also search for a topic if you have a question. I have seen this question several times before. However, they all end with the same answer you have recieved here.

If you serious about your game put a lot of work into it and use a work around, people will be that much more impresed when they see somthing in your game that is not in others.

Good luck...