If You've Managed To Find The New Board...

spread the word

Most people are pretty clueless about the new move, if you're one off the few here now, spread the word...they could've given us notice.

the standard maintenence message you encountered when following the old link can be edited to say "the new board is here... http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showforum=60..(just the facts ).

smooth move exlax...

This post has been edited by ellrx : 11 September 2004 - 09:52 AM

Hello,
This is a different look for the web boards. Personally I liked the different color scheme that related more to the CS colors. However this is still a nice change. Will my karma come back? If it does can it be (2) Good eggs overeasy instead of (2) Good egg?

I agree about the colors. Can always be changed. I woner if even the mods know bout the change :blink:

Sorry about the double post, i forgot to log in on that last one. I have a question: Will we be able to use custom avatars and image signatures? Because they are supported! (hurray!!)

This post has been edited by OgreBob : 10 September 2004 - 05:33 PM

All I can say is Thank God. IPB is much more pleasant and more powerful than UBB

Ogre_Bob, on Sep 10 2004, 10:27 PM, said:

. . . . I woner if even the mods know bout the change
View Post

It took me a couple of days to find the new forum because the old bookmark said, "temporarily down for routine maintainence" till just recently. I'm still trying to find my way around because not all the features are fully implemented yet.

But to answer your "wonerment" Ogre_Bob, We are watching you! :unsure:

But to answer your "wonerment" Ogre_Bob, We are watching you! :unsure:
View Post

Aww come on, that was my first typo for like 50 posts <_<

This post has been edited by OgreBob : 10 September 2004 - 10:21 PM

Well, we did know it was happening - and some of the users knew as well, just not all, I suppose. At any rate, I'm rather fond of IPB myself, as it's a lot more fun to tinker with than UBB or phpBB. Just a few thing to sort out - maybe see if they can figure out forum-specific skinning etc, and I think we'll be good to go. ^_^

-Andiyar

Tarn, do you know if we are allowed to use image signatures now?

OgreBob, on Sep 11 2004, 03:48 AM, said:

View Post

I have seen a few on some other forums. If they stay relatively small and unobnoxious, they might just survive. If a lot of members abuse the system, they just might all be banned.

About my earlier poke at you, I didn't want to miss the chance when my cartoonist offered one. All in good fun. I'm sure my late-night typing will soon present an opportunity for retaliation. 🙂

OgreBob, on Sep 11 2004, 03:48 AM, said:

View Post

Hrm. Nothing has been said either way as of yet - quite a few people are against avatars, let alone image signatures, as it is unfair for dialup users - as a user of dialup on a 28.8k connection, I can say I don't have a problem with avatars, at least. ^_^

As to image signatures, as RD said, as long as you keep them relatively small, then it shouldn't be a problem. Figure a height of no more than around 70 pixels - maybe 60, and try to keep the file sizes under 50k odd. If you can keep within that - I think it should be alright, at least for now.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess. 🙂

-Andiyar

How's 450 x75? This seems to be the standard max signature size on other forums. If you think it should be removed, I will do so immediately :ninja:

points to sig

edit: RD, no offense taken =). I'll be looking for your slip-ups 😉

This post has been edited by OgreBob : 11 September 2004 - 12:00 AM

This looks as awful as the crc forum :blink:

Oh well, if you can have those images.... goes to put a horrible image to his left

That would be because I haven't been bothered to make a new theme for it, I'm currently working on a new M Cubed forum and I'm learning how to skin that (making it Aqua 😄 )

OgreBob, on Sep 11 2004, 04:57 AM, said:

How's 450 x75? This seems to be the standard max signature size on other forums. If you think it should be removed, I will do so immediately :ninja:

points to sig

edit: RD, no offense taken =). I'll be looking for your slip-ups 😉
View Post

Yep, that should be fine. Nice picture, actually 🙂

Mind you, I've never ever had a signature pic... I've used the same quotation for a very long time now. I like it. Change is good, but... I like it! ^_^

-Andiyar

Hey, no offense but, these arent that good, theyre the same i use for my webboards.....so, its just not origanal

Sorry for the double post, forgot to login, but could i be an admin or somtin, temporarily, cause i could make the boards look and be better (been using invision ALL my life). Just asking (dont worry, im very trustworthy)

They are currently working on making the boards...less blue, I believe.

all fashion aficionado's please read the announcement by tomwoozle...the styles are supposedly going to be re/implemented with all the other goodies..

Hrmm...
I definitely like the new boards.... The "sticking out tongue" smiley isn't very good though... <_< Neither i the "wink" for that matter. 😛 😉 (see what I mean?).

Overall, though, the boards look nice, though we'll probably have a decreased user base for a while. 😞

P.S. Are those blue dots under our title (i.e. "Member") supposed to be karma? :blink: