I'm making a plugin

Despite the fact that i hate using ares 1.2 because a while back it crashed big time and trashed alot of my files...Oh well, hopefully this newer beta is more stable..

My point is-->I'm making a new plugin. It won't be anything dramatic, but it will be well put together and i will make sure it works smooth for everyone. My idea is making about 6 more multiplayer levels for ares. I'll be making basic levels that i feel should have been on the original ares multiplayer standard. There won't be any huge complicated levels either, and there wont be any wierd specis with huge weapons. I hope you'll like it, I added alot of cool graphics and it should be out in a few months. (sorry it'll take so long, but i'm not that aquanted with hera yet.) If anybody wants to help me out that'd be great as well.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page

Any questions, ask me. For an idea, here:
Both players start out in fighters.
When a fighter is destroyed, a cruiser is created for the player.
When the cruiser is destroyed, a gunship is created for the player.
Gunship->HVD
HVD->Carrier (Fighters are destroyed with the carrier, cannot be switched to, do not create cruisers)
Carrier->Gateship, if applicable.
Loss of Game.

Special (TAG) version: both players use races with gateships.

------------------
-Pallas Athene of Dysian Beta, Obish Consensus Representative
-Nieru Dast, {M}ilitia Aeriane
-Danae Vernius
"Cheaters don't really win, and winners don't really cheat. Unless you're talking politics." -Durandal

that's not a bad idea, i think i'll make something like that too if i can. Although i don't know how u'd do the regeneration thing with different ships each time...do you know how? But i'd think i'd make the level go in reverse order. You start with a gateship, if it's destroyed you get an HVD, if that gets killed then a carrier, then a gunship, cruiser, and finally a fighter, then after that its over...but it sounds like a fun and relatively simple level for Net ares. thanx for the suggestion

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page

I'll tell you one thing, gets pretty simple from there. Destroy Action.

But I couldn't think of why you'd want it to go from most powerful to least powerful. Maybe the HVD would go after the carrier, but the point is to make it even next time.

------------------
-Danae Vernius
"Cheaters don't really win, and winners don't really cheat. Unless you're talking politics." -Durandal

Hehe, it's simple, but it's quite a bit of leg work. Check the Spaze Warz scenario, and learn how to automate it using unhides and scenario conditions.

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

Unhides..? You can simply tell the Destroy Action to create another ship... probably a distance range of 16384 to maximize time before getting attacked again.

------------------
-Danae Vernius

Yes, however, you'd have to make 30 new ships. I'd prefer Nathan's far more elegant solution.

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

The key word here is --> SIMPLE the more complicated the plug is, the less likely it is to load correctly and flawlessly when you want to play it on both computers. The reason why nobody uses net plugs that much is because the plugins are confusing, not dependable, and people never have the same ones then it takes too long to get it. With this standard net plug, i'm hoping everyone with 1.2 will get it, and it will become like a flawless add on to the original net scenarios, but just like nathon kept the original net scenarios simple, this one will be too.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page

Also most powerful to least powerful would keep making the game get progressively harder each time you lose a ship. It'll force you to be more careful not to lose your ship, rather then want to lose it so you can have a better ship. It'll also make the person who loses a ship first be in a hole he has to dig out with good piloting skills.

Although i see why you'd want to do it the other way too. My solution = make 2 different levels!

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page

Destroying a ship cerates an advantage.

You don't want to add to the advantage-
You want to balance it by giving the player who now has a disadvatage the better ship.

I'm going to go and do... something... a fun multiplayer level. And It'll be single too.

goes away to work on her unspecified project

------------------
-=MoC 94:19=-
(This message has been edited by Pallas Athene (edited 11-27-2830).)