Scissors, paper, rock

I was thinking about editing my ships so they could be perfect (in regards to balance) and I came upon a fantastic system of finding this out. For example, my upcoming plug:

Object: |||||| Strength |||||||||||||||| Weakness
Fighter |||||| Destroyer, Cruiser |||||| Carrier, Frigate
Frigate |||||| Fighter, Carrier |||||||| Destroyer, Cruiser
Destroyer: ||| Frigate, Cruiser |||||||| Fighter, Carrier
Cruiser: ||||| Frigate, Carrier |||||||| Destroyer, Fighter
Carrier: ||||| Fighter, Destroyer |||||| Cruiser, Frigat

If you want weapons that damage slow ships you use ones that have damaging residues, if you want ones that damage large ships you get beams that dont' expire once they hit, and if you want anti-fighter you get turrets. Just a little observation... it can get troublesome with Ares because fighters are worth almost nothing. And by the way I'm changing my name from Captain Calculas to Count Altair El Alemein. Whatever hatreds you had of him you may transfer to me.

------------------------
"War? I'd better go and get the washing in!"

(This message has been edited by Count Altair El Alemein (edited 01-28-2001).)

Well, this has only been observed, what, 5, 10 times before? The Ares Axis had an article on this at least a year ago...

------------------
-Pallas Athene of Dysian Beta, Obish Consensus Representative
-Nieru Dast, {M}ilitia Aeriane
-Danae Vernius
"Cheaters don't really win, and winners don't really cheat. Unless you're talking politics." -Durandal

Yea this has been known for a long time..if you want to check up on some strategies and stuff just read some early posts on the ares webboards.

OH and i'm writing this just as the RAVENS destroyed the giants at the superbowl..GO RAVENS!

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page

Ahh, well it's only 1 minute of your life wasted. I thought I posted a scenario on the add-ons section... where is it?

Originally posted by Count Altair El Alemein:
Ahh, well it's only 1 minute of your life wasted. I thought I posted a scenario on the add-ons section... where is it?

Currently being tested I think.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Being tested? I just went and played through it, and I've found that it has a huge bug in regards to progressing past level 18. Please do not post New Campaign on the add-ons section.

----------------
Me thinks myself a prophet new inspired.

Noted.

------------------
No-one here is exactly as they appear.